chapter 5

chapter 5- secret engagements & the Hogwarts express

     As soon as Jacqueline had finished packing all of her belongings into her suitcase she had begun to regret agreeing to staying with James Potter

As soon as Jacqueline had finished packing all of her belongings into her suitcase she had begun to regret agreeing to staying with James Potter. She wasn't eager to be stuck with Sirius and James, but was looking forward to getting a little bit of advice from James' mom.

She looked around the room once more to see if she'd forgotten something when she noticed the pink onesie still on the floor beside her bed. She picked it up gently, folded it, and placed it in her bedside drawer hoping that nobody would open it. She switched off the lights and carried her luggage with her out of the dorm room.

"Let me get that for you." A voice sounded behind her and she turned to see Remus Lupin and she tensed.

"That won't be necessary, but thank you." She gave him a tight lipped smile before carrying on down the corridor before her suitcase was taken from her grip and she turned to give the boy a glare.

"You shouldn't be straining yourself my love. It might hurt our baby." She wanted to mentally punch herself from the effects the words my love had on her. She really was attention deprived. She reluctantly followed behind the boy who carried her suitcase onto the train and put it on the rack above their heads in the compartment that the rest of the mauraders sat in.

"Miss Moony is sitting with us!" Sirius said excitedly which got him a glare in return.

"Who else would I sit with Black? Pandora who fainted when I told her I was pregnant or Isabella who quite literally threw a temper tantrum when she found out I slept with her beloved Remmy." She scoffed and leaned back into the cushiony seat.

Remus placed his arm around the girl and pulled her closer to him in an attempt to comfort her. "What did I tell you about touching me Lupin?" She glared up at him but when she met his soft puppy dog eyes she softened a bit. She didn't make the effort to move away and instead surrendered in his arms. Remus looked to his friends with excitement in his eyes and they smiled back at their friend. They were glad that he could be happy for the first time since he had heard the news of his fatherhood.

     The door slid open and Lily Evans entered the compartment. She looked at Jacqueline and Remus at first in confusion but a smile appeared on her face shortly after. "Are you here to see me my sweet Lily Flower?" James batted his eyes at her.

     "Actually I'm here to have a girl talk with Jacqueline." Lily smiled at the girl who looked confused. What in the world could Lily possibly want to talk to her about? Lily sat on the other side of Jacqueline since she didn't want to interrupt whatever was going on with her and Remus. The girls exchanged awkward conversation as Jacqueline wasn't very comfortable with Lily yet.

     The girl found herself willingly getting closer to Remus as the questions got more and more personal. "So are you and Remus going to get married?" Lily asked excited and Jacqueline choked on the chocolate bar Remus had given her.

     "Okay I think that's enough for now Lils."

     "Oh I'm sorry Jacqueline! I'm just so excited for you!" Lily smiled and Jacqueline looked down to her ever growing baby bump that was getting bigger each day and much harder to conceal. Excited? Right....

     "Are your parents going to be at the platform Remus?" She looked up at him and he shook his head which sent his curly locks flying.

     "Oh I forgot to mention! Remus is staying with us as well!" James had a mischievous look in his eyes as he gave them a lopsided grin.

     "But don't you only have 2 spare bedr-" Sirius began to ask but a hand was clasped over his mouth. James gave him a look and he gathered his thoughts before realizing James' intentions and smiling along with him.

     "What are those idiots smiling about?" Jacqueline looked worried because those boys were never up to any good.

     "If I knew I would tell you but I really don't darling." Remus brushed some hair that was in her face to behind her ear and she tried her hardest to stop the blush spreading to her face. The two maintained eye contact until a flash was heard and they looked over to see James with a muggle camera that he got from who knows where. A picture emerged from a slot on the camera and he shook it as the ink formed into a picture.

    James took the picture and scribbled something on it before he showed Remus and Jacqueline who looked bashfully at the Polaroid before he stuck it in his pocket

    James took the picture and scribbled something on it before he showed Remus and Jacqueline who looked bashfully at the Polaroid before he stuck it in his pocket. The Hogswarts Express came to a stop and they each grabbed their luggage besides Jacqueline who didn't even get the chance before Remus grabbed it and was halfway off the train.

     She groaned as she put her hand to her head. "He really does love you... you know?" A voice sounded behind her and she looked to see a girl dressed in slytherin robes with curly blonde hair.

     "I'm sorry but who are you exactly?"

     "Oh I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Emery Parkinson and...." The shorter girl lower her voice before whispering, "I'm Sirius' um fiancé well it's an arranged marriage really. Don't tell anyone I told you that please.. Sirius doesn't really want it to get out especially to his friends, but I thought maybe we could be friends since you're with Remus and all? But as I was saying Sirius never shuts up about how in love Remus is with you and how depressed he has been lately and-" the girl rambled on and on before Jacqueline had to stop her or they would get left on the Hogwarts Express.

     "I would love to be your friend Emery. Feel free to Owl me whenever, but I really need to catch up to the boys!" The girls smiled at eachother before Jacqueline exited the train and looked around for the boys before she found them standing together with who must be James' parents.