The Night Shift Pt.2

As Nick entered through the door, the lights of the restaurant flickered, then turned on in a flash of light, as Nick's eyes adjusted, he could see the grotesque and awful characters standing on a stage in plain view of the staff and visitors. The character's fur was matted and burnt, and the exoskeleton exposed showing remnants of the past rotting away.

Nick got a text earlier saying, "Move the animatronics to the back room first, and don't touch the one under the covers."

Nick moved the animatronics to the back room and started cleaning, the more he cleaned the stage, he saw that this place was made in 1987 and the characters were the icon of the restaurant. As Nick made his way to the bathroom, he saw a figure down the hallway, he went down the hallway and saw that the figure in the corner is gone. Nick went back to the bathroom and started cleaning, after cleaning the bathroom and main room, Nick checks his phone to see how many hours he must stay in this wretched building, 4:30 A.M., only an hour and a half to go.

"Hello again stranger," said a voice from the backroom.

"Who's there?" yells Nick.

"You have seen me before stranger, you don't remember me Nick?" says the voice.

Nick frantically grabs his phone and turns on the flashlight and attaches it to his vest, the figure from his nightmare is standing down the hall, skin stretched and burnt, the animatronics are lifeless and in the same spot as they were, the figure just stares at Nick. The figure's teeth gleam just as they did in the nightmare, but now Nick can see what the substance is, it is oil from the animatronics.

"You know Nick, it's not nice to ignore people." Yells the figure.

"What do you want, who are you?" yelled nick down the hall his question bouncing back at him.

"My name is Sammy, " says the figure as he disappears.

Nick finishes off his shift by cleaning the kitchen area and the dining hall. While he was finishing up the doors clicked, and daylight shined throughout the entrance area and Jakob Miller was standing at the door.

"Well congratulations Nick you made it till the morning, hope you had a nice night," Jakob says gleefully.

"Yeah, it was very eventful." replies nick.

"Good, go home get some rest see you tonight," says Jakob.

Nick walks out of the restaurant and heads to his motel. Nick enters his motel and sees that his room is destroyed, the words, "Stay in The Light." are scrawled on the wall. Nick looks outside and sees that a group of teenagers is turning a corner. Nick tries to run to catch them, but they are already too far to catch, so he just cleans the room wall. Afterward, Nick turns on his laptop and looks up the restaurant, after a successful search of "The Arctic After Dark," Nick found out that there have been multiple missing person reports since the opening of the restaurant. While Nick is taking notes, his phone rings.

"Hello?" answers Nick.

"Whatever you do, Nick, don't touch the thing you saw today," says a female voice on the phone.

"What are you talking about?" questions Nick, but the line disconnects.

[End of chapter 2]

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone."
Blaise Pascal,