0 3

__

__

0 3
'title here'

LILLIAN'S POV.

the bright sun shined on my face as i pulled my car into the driveway of my house. madalyn's gray car wasn't there in its usual spot, making me wonder what in the world she was up to now.

i sat there in my car for a second. i really wanted to know why the heck bree was acting the way she was. it's my business if i tell her about sadie or not! why can't she understand that?? it all just didn't make sense to me.

i was still tired from the night before, even though i had gotten at least 8 hours of sleep. i closed my eyes, not having the intention of falling asleep again, but somehow i did.

__

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." my family sang to my sister, madalyn, as we all sat around her at the dining room table. in front of her was a chocolate cake that had the numbers '22' in pink candles. my mom lit both of them with a huge smile on her face, then sat down and continued to sing.

"happy birthday, dear madalyn, happy birthday to you!"

"thank you," madalyn grinned.

"open your gift from me and your dad!" my mom said vivaciously as she placed a big red bag in front of madalyn's face. her eyes widened at the size of it.

i sat in awe as i watched her open the gift mom and dad had bought her. it was a beautiful blue necklace, her favorite color.

"it was very expensive, so please be careful with it," mom gawked. i guess she had forgotten how good the gift was. it was an amazing gift, to be honest.

madalyn put the necklace on. it matched perfectly with her sky blue shirt. "thank you," she said softly but thoughtfully. "i really, really love it."

"of course, sweetie," my dad said. "now it's time to open lillian's gift."

my dad walked over to the same place where my mom had grabbed her gift from, but nothing was there. there was no gift, nothing. just another patch of air.

__

i was awoken by a rapid tapping on my car window. my eyes dragged over to see who was disturbing my peace. it was my mom.