13 Years

Now our true story begins with a girl. Not just another village girl, but the princess herself. This princess' name was not well known. Many think her name is something mad, many think it was something sane. It is both insane and sane; her name is Duchess, Duchess Hearts. As the land grew she grew as well, and she grew into a beautiful girl. Years passed and so did the girls thoughts on curiosity and in a few days was Duchesses 20th Birthday.Now before I begin this not a regular story, it is much, much madder...

Duchess's P.O.V.

My party was just around the corner, I was truly excited because in Underland, the parties are always the best. But first...preparation. Cue the royal maid's busting into the room followed by my best friend. They stand in a line as William walks over to my bed side and kisses my nose.

"Good morning princess," he whispered into my ear during my sleep acting. I didn't react, didn't even breath.

"Nothing, okay then," he paused to go somewhere out of my sight. A second later I hear the curtains being ripped open and light streams through the window.

"I said good morning princess," he sang jumping on the other side of the bed I sigh and turn towards him.

"Why? Why must you Will," I say sitting up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. When I can guarantee I can see clearly, I look at the boy and giggle. His face is buried between two pillows, squished together.

"Give me one good reason why I should get up," I ask irritated.

"Well as your best friend its my job to make sure your not dead. Okay then," he gets stands up and pulls out today's plans. "First you must get up, bathe, eat breakfast, then you have lessons, taste test for the banquet, a fitting,then you have a little free time, and lastly dinner time and then bed."

I get up and walk to the bathroom cutting him off and I notice a visitor on the windowsill. A little kitten I rescued when I was smaller, grey and light blue stripes, and light sky blue eyes. The breed commonly known as a Cheshire. I start walking towards the warm, pre-drawn bath undressing. As I sink in the mischievous kitten floats over and sits on the brim. After a while I start pruning, I get out and put a towel around my body and my hair. I walk out of my room and find my knave is sleeping on my bed. How rude. I start to put on my gown for the day and walk to the sleeping knave. I sigh giving a little kiss on the forehead and walking out.

Walking down to the terrace was always fun for me; the winding halls, the stairs here and there, and lastly the view. I am pulled from my thought when something shiny catches my eye. Is it a jewel, a gem of some kind.

"Your majesty," my shoulder was touched pulling me back. I sigh seeming it is my mother's knave: the official Knave of Hearts.

"Yes Knave you needed something."

"Your mother has been asking for you, she sent me to retrieve you." He always treated me like a child, its quite sad.

"Of course she would," I mumbled low enough for him to hear nothingness "I'm going now, thank you." I walk removing myself from his grip and start walking faster now. He always irked me as a person, hmm I don't know maybe its the eye patch.

The day grows longer and now I'm taking off the dress I'm going to wear. However I don't think my mom will be pleased...for some reason she will never let me or any of clothes have an absence of color in it. I stop and pick the fabric I want. Red as a family color,with gold because I love it, and lastly the absence of color for detail. When I gave the fabrics to the maids they looked uncertain, almost like they were not allowed to use it. I sighed and said thank you to them and went on my way. I started thinking about the next part of my day, horseback riding .