1

Myeongseong. One of the powerful kingdoms on the continent. Ruled by the Chois for over centuries. They were powerful because they were in the centre of the continent which gave them the benefit to look in every direction. But it meant to be surrounded by countries who can potentially attack them.

The king, Choi Seunghyun had made sure to make the deals that would benefit the people in his kingdom and made sure that there was always peace from their side. But that didn't mean he was weak. He was the strongest king on the entire continent and they all knew about it. They had heard the stories of his performance on the battlefield and how he was capable of killing fifty people at once. Alone.

Seunghyun had three children. The eldest daughter, Choi Ji Eun was married to the eastern kingdom. Though the marriage was a political marriage, the couple was the best in the continent. The second son, the prince, Choi Yeonjun was just like his father. Strong, rebellious. Though he looked lean and small, he was capable of defeating the powerful soldiers in the kingdom. The last child, the youngest princess, was the most rebellious child out of all of them. She got what she wanted but she wasn't a brat. In fact, she was smart. There wasn't any political situation that she couldn't evaluate better than the most scholarly politicians.

For the last few months, there was tension on the border. From the North, Yangsan. The king had called a meeting on what should be done about it and all the courtiers were in the meeting room. The king sat in the centre of the table and there was a debate on what should be done.

"I think we should strengthen the army in the North. Also, talk with King Lee in the East. They will help us." One of them suggested.

The chief advisor, Jiyoung retorted, "That can increase the tension more and make the other borders weaker. We can not do that."

Seunghyun sighed. He looked at Jiyoung, "What do you suggest?"

Jiyoung looked up and smirked, "Let's see what he has to say about this."

Seunghyun raised his eyebrow. The courtiers knew who they were talking about. They really didn't like that man. He was the youngest among them, but still held so much power that it threatened them to the core. Seunghyun nodded.

One of the royals objected, "He isn't even here yet. He can't come late to meetings like these. How can you trust him with such delicate matters?"

Seunghyun looked at Youngbae, "Where is he?"

"I sent him for some research. He will be here any time now." Youngbae replied.

There was a knock on the door and an usher came in, "The deputy foreign minister is here."

"Send him in."

The door opened again and a man in his late 20s or early 30s entered the court. He was wearing a black suit, white shirt, black tie and black dress pants. His hair was parted from the side and styled with gel. The strides were confident and arrogant. He bowed to the king, "Your majesty."

Seunghyun smiled, "Ah, Kim Seokjin. Youngbae said he sent you for some research. What did you get?"

Seokjin smiled professionally, "I would like to discuss that in privacy, your highness. With fewer people."

"Why?" The noble glared at Seokjin, "Are we the problem?"

Seokjin looked at him, uninterested, "I never said that." He looked at the King, "It would be better if the news remained between fewer people."

Seunghyun nodded. He stood up and dismissed the meeting. The nobles left the meeting room grumbling to Seokjin who just gave them a smirk.