Abbie's Story

*Three months before applying to the Yogscast*

I woke up with a throbbing headache and makeup smeared all over my pillow and face. I looked in the mirror and realized what a mess my hair was, it was all stuck at a straight angle from where I had been sleeping. I quickly brushed it back into shape, which took some time. At which point I noticed my boyfriend, Ed, was no where to be seen? Maybe he had gone back to his flat. I headed downstairs to make me and my flat-mate, Abbie a cup of coffee and some toast. I put her coffee in a mug, which I had bought her for her birthday when we were teenagers. It was a marble like mug with pictures of Sjin on it, it was her favorite mug. I slid her toast with an egg onto a blue marble patterned china plate we had bought the previous week at a yard sale. I put it on a tray with some apple juice and some cutlery. 

        I headed up to the spare bedroom, which I had let her borrow as a thank you gift for keeping a watch on the house last night while I went out. I went to push open the door but this time I had to give it quite a shove, there must have been something lodged behind it. I opened the door and turned on the light to reveal clothes scattered over the floor. I noticed a pair of jeans in particular. They looked very similar to a pair Ed had.

"no"

I thought.

"She couldn't have."

I pulled of the bed sheets to reveal both Abbie and Ed. I dropped the tray onto the wooden floor and started to well up with tears as the sound of smashing plated filled the house. This must have been quite loud as it woke up both Abbie and Ed. They both started blabbering some nonsense

"Um I was cold",

"She was upset and needed someone",

but I just said simply,

"You know what?... I'm done".

I threw the sheets on the floor and made my way to the door. I grabbed my car keys on the way and was about to open the door when a hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Morgan I-its not what it looks like!"

Blabbered Abbie, but I knew exactly what it looked like and that's what it was. I grabbed her hand and threw it off and got into my car. I started to drive off when Abbie jumped into the middle of the road. She wasn't going to let me leave. I started to rev the engine to give her a warning and then started to edge closer and closer. Then something inside me made me push the pedal down on the car which resulted in me hurdling towards Abbie. I swerved down the street managing to avoiding several cars on the way, but when it came to Abbie it was to late. I'd rather not go into detail but lets just say I hurt her really bad. The next thing I knew she was in a hospital bed with tubes all up her arm and a heart rate monitor constantly beeping. She looked so peaceful, lying there. but I couldn't take the guilt. I sold the house and the car and started again a couple miles out of town.