Alternate Ending

With his heart falling into a black abyss, Thomas pulled the trigger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were safe, in paradise. But for Thomas, it wasn't paradise. Newt was dead and the guilt was too much for Thomas. Teresa was dead, but he had Brenda. Brenda, the one who wouldn't stop lying and getting them into trouble.

"Minho," Thomas whispered.
"Yeah?" Minho asked.
"Have you been wondering what happened to Newt?" Thomas could already feel his walls falling down.
"No duh, shank," Minho replied.
"I killed him Minho. I shot Newt," Thomas sobbed. Minho looked at him with shock.
"He wanted me to kill him. Why would he want that?" He choked.
"He must have had a reason behind it. Newt didn't want to become one of those shucking cranks," Minho was never one to comfort someone else, but he felt the need to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Him and everyone else was given a phone in case WICKED had a need to contact them. Thomas grabbed the phone and answered it.
"Hello? Chancellor Paige?"
"Hello Tommy," the voice replied.
"Who is this?" Thomas knew the voice, he just couldn't match a name with it.
"Name's Newt, Greenie."

Thomas choked up.
"Tommy, turn around," Newt spoke again. Thomas was frozen in his spot.
"Please, Tommy, please."
Thomas turned around and dropped the phone. There in front of him stood the British boy he thought was dead. The two hugged when Minho walked over.
"Holy sh*t," he said and ran to join in the hug. The trio was back together again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you here? Not that in complaining," Minho asked that night. Everyone was reintroduced to Newt and he wad caught up with what happened since... The incident.
"The shot never killed me. According to Ava Paige, it cured the Flare for me. You wouldn't believe it though. They made a cure and it actually works. No more maze, scorch, or other bloody variables," Newt sighed. "I'm just glad to be back."

And for the millionth time that night, the trio shared a hug.