Page 2: Who Am I?

Today, I wanna share you guys my all-time favorite worship song. This is me and God's themesong, yeah, we have one. And I loved this song so much.

Who Am I?
by: Casting crowns♔︎

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth, would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt

Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star,
Would choose to light the way, for my ever-wandering heart

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of I've done,
but because of who You are . . .

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind, still You, who hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, you catch me when I'm falling,
And You told me who I am
I am Yours . . .

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin, would look on me with love, and watch me rise again

Who am I, that the voice that calm the sea
Would call out through the rain, and calm the storm in me . . .

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done
Not because of I've done,
but because of who You are . . .

(chorus 2x)

Who shall I fear, whom shall I fear, I am Yours . . .

This song made me really cry. I have listened to it many times when I was just a kid and wasn't yet a believer. So it is familiar to me. But I didn't know that it was a Christian song, for I thought it was just a random, ordinary song made just for the world.

But when one of my spiritual brother has told me about this song. I was curioused to try and listen to it, too. He said that this was the song that he had always listen to whenever he is in burdened and weak. Then the night after this, I listened to the song, and I was so emotional while hearing it. Beside the idea that it was familiar to me, it also touched my heart because of it's deep and meaningful lyrics. My pillow was wet with my tears.

So from that night, I have learned to loved it and made it my favorite song and my themesong with God.

Every time I heard it, I was reminded by what Jesus has done in my heart that made me cry that night. And not only in that night, but by every moment where I have cried in my whole life.

𝙒𝙃𝙊 𝘼𝙈 𝙄?

That's the difficult question that I always ask to myself and to God.

I know I am not worthy. I don't deserve every miracle and blessings that came unto me.

I am a sinner. I always break God's heart. But it's seems that it is not what I've done was the reason why this is happening to me. It is not always because of me. But because of who He is and what He has radically done.

Just like what the song have said,

Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done . . . And not because of what I've done, but because who You are.

God is so good. And He loved us and continue loving us even if we are sinners and have always breaks His heart.

It is His own choice and will to saved us. Not because we are doing good, or anything that is called 'good' . . . but is  because we are loved.

We are loved radically by God.

His love, mercy and grace are the only one that has saved us. Not our own works---for it is not acceptable unto God.

For it was only through this wonderful grace that we believed in him. Nothing we did could ever earn this salvation, for it was the gracious gift from God that brought us to Christ! So no one will ever be able to boast, for salvation is never a reward for good works or human striving. 𝔼𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕒𝕟𝕤 2:8-9 𝕋ℙ𝕋

It is clear in that verse that it is not because we have done good at His sight, that's why He saved us . . . But because we are loved wonderfully by Him, for He is a merciful God and He is the One who created us.

Tell me, who's parent you know that would abandon and kill his or her own children so easily? Yeah, maybe there is one, but God can never do that. He's our Heavenly Father and He will never abandon us.

His grace defines who we are. And for Him, we are worthy of His love.

So, as I asked God for that question . . .

'Who am I?' 

He has just simply answered me through that wonderful song.

"𝗜 𝗔𝗠 𝗔 𝗪𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗥, 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗕𝗬 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘, 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗗."

And that is who I am.