forever is the sweetest con

(A/N: Dedicated to Pyromaniacbitch. This is a long, overdue request in the past. Apologies if it came out late since I was sort of stuck up with finishing other in progress fics of mine previously and I was having trouble getting the right inspiration for the premise of your request. But here it is now. A part of me is thankful for the beautiful yet bittersweet track of, "cowboy like me" from the Evermore album of Taylor Swift since the lyrics itself sparked an idea within me to create this oneshot fic of mine. Basically, the overall premise of the request is to write Takemichi who can fight and a bit sadistic with the pairings for almost everyone and a special participation of Takehina. I made it mainly a Takemikey and Takehina (even though they're exes in this story) since the timeline is in Bonten arc – but in AU. Some side pairings will be mention to Takemichi so it's also mostly a pairing for everyone. I hope you enjoy this request of yours, Pyromaniacbitch. I don't own this franchise and the song cowboy like me. Respective and rightful ownership belongs to Ken Wakui for this wonderful manga and Taylor Swift for this poetic song. Lastly, credits to (@_itseuni) in twt for this beautiful art of Bonten Takemichi).

And the tennis court was covered up

With some tent-like thing

And you asked me to dance

But I said, "Dancing is a dangerous game"

Oh, I thought

This is gonna be one of those things

Now I know

I'm never gonna love again

The maître d held the tray of alcoholic drinks with his right hand as he effortlessly circled around the ballroom hall littered with guests who're dressed to nines with sparkling and elegant masks adorning their faces. He served each guest who called for his attention and requested for a glass filled with sparkling yet tempting moonshine encased with ice cubes.

It was a masquerade party.

Normally, he didn't have any patience and interest in attending to gatherings such as this one. Preferring to leave it to his other members such as the advisor of their group, Takeomi and his top 2 and top 3 members, Sanzu and Kakucho to oversee the event.

Nevertheless, he'd make an exception since this was a special event. Not only did they acquire of the most successful partnership in the underworld of Tokyo, but a new era will be reborn again starting tonight. And he had no doubts that he will make it happen.

He proved it. Time and time again. Keeping his promises and word was one of his greatest strengths after all.

Soft music lulled into the air. The pairs started to occupy the middle of the luxurious, banquet hall and swayed gently into the rhythm of the music.

He wasted no his time as he strode towards the man who was wearing a royal blue three-piece suit and a coal-colored mask that was swirling with shimmering and elegant small Swarovski crystals lined at the side of it. His steps were idle yet confident at the same time.

"Would you like to dance milady?" He asked in his usual playful yet sincere voice that's only reserved for him as he offered his gloved hand towards him.

He was the only one who could strip bare easily the other side of him that's not apparent with anyone.

Electrifying Neptune hued irises clashed against his brilliantly dark sable orbs.

He accepted his offered hand. "I thought you'd never ask Mikey-kun. Also, drop the overly formal voice. It sounded weird on you." The familiar light, airy tones and sweet laughter that's akin to the soft chimes in a summer breeze of June that never failed to make his heart skip a beat as always.