chapter 7

Your hand covered your mouth as you let out a high pitched, heart wrenching sob. You doubled over, allowing yourself to slide to the floor, your knees against your chest. Yoongi didn’t speak, his own tears flooding his cheeks. He took a seat in front of you, lightly pushing the small dog he got you, away from him, focusing his attention back on you. The next two words he spoke came out as a whisper, his voice breaking halfway through.

“I’m sorry.” For someone well known for writing lyrics, Yoongi couldn’t find the right words. His mouth drying up and his mind drawing a blank when he told you what had happened. His hands shook as he tried to fight the urge to take you in his arms.

“You’re sorry?” You repeated, finally looking up at him through blurry vision. “Yoongi you can’t be sorry. If you were sorry you never would have done it in the first place.” You watched as the rapper crumbled, his loud sobs echoing in the hall. Your dog had scurried off somewhere, trying to hide from the confrontation. You wanted nothing more than to comfort the broken man in front of you. His hair was a mess, bags were under his eyes, his face pale. You weren’t sure if his lack of sleep was because of his mistake or work. Whatever it was, you could tell it was eating him.

Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, his head tilting sadly as he took a deep breath. He slowly parted his lips, trying to think of a way to explain his actions while you were gone, only to be interrupted by you speaking once more.

“Four weeks I was away Yoongi. Were you waiting until I was gone? Get ‘rid of the foreign girlfriend so you can find someone your parents approved of?” Yoongi gasped, reaching outward before drawing his hand back.

“You know it’s not like that.” You rose your head quickly, tears streaming down your face as your calm facade broke as you shouted,

“Then what is it like Yoongi?! Why?” Your voice broke halfway as choked out sobs, your voice high pitched as you asked the question Yoongi never wanted to hear from you. “Why was I not good enough for you? I thought we were happy, I thought you loved me. Why did this happen?” Yoongi could say nothing in return, instead he pulled you into him, ignoring your fists against his chest as you weakly tried to fight him, only to give in, allowing Yoongi to comfort you for the last time. You knew this one last moment of contact was as comforting to Yoongi as it was to you. You could feel wet drops landing on your forehead as Yoongi hugged you closer to him, afraid to let go. He knew once he let go, he would lose you forever.

“Yoongi.” You whispered, trying to ease yourself from the rapper’s strong grip.

“A few more minutes.” He begged, whispering into your hair. “Please Y/N, I know I don’t deserve it, but please give me a few more minutes. A few more minutes to pretend everything is okay, before I have to face reality.” You let a shaky breath escape you as you gave a small nod, whispering, ‘okay.’

You didn’t know how it happened, you only meant to stay for a couple of minutes. Yoongi and you had fallen asleep in the middle of the living room, still in each others arms, both tears slowly stopping as you found enough comfort in each other to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long chapter right?.