The Dark Prince

Overcome with fury, Loki Odinson stormed out of the throne room. Yet again, the ruler over the Nine Realms has chosen the golden boy over the dark prince.

He advanced towards the stables and made his way over to his sleek, black horse. Waving away the stable boy, the god frustratedly fumbled with the buckles on the horse tack before finally securing it and riding off into the woods. Trying his hardest get as far as he can from the golden palace.

Loki ventured into the forest, making a point to travel to a part of it that he hasn't explored, knowing his mother would soon send her servants out to find him. Heading deeper and deeper into the woods, the prince found himself entering a different, calming atmosphere.

The maze-like forest led out into a meadow, safe and untainted by wars and conquests. The meadow extended out to what seemed like miles, until meeting against towering mountains, bordered with gold from the evening sun. Loki lightly pulled the reins on his horse, eventually leading them to a stop. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air, feeling the soft gust of wind sweep over his face, whilst hearing a running river nearby and birds chirping overhead. His anger left as quickly as it came. He felt... at peace.

The prince got off of his horse before lying down onto the pillow-like texture of grass and daisies. Putting his hands behind his head, he closed his eyes. The sun cast a beam onto the god, easing him to sleep.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head and close your eyes
And when they open, the sun will rise

Hearing a voice echoing throughout the meadow, the god opened his eyes. He was awoken to a woman singing. Loki wished he could say that her voice was angelic... but it was quite amateur.

Yet, he still felt comforted, it was nothing like the palace minstrels. They were unnatural, forced, and making too much of an effort to please the king of Asgard.

Though he would never admit it, the woman's voice gave him a sense of calmness and safety, something he hasn't felt since he was held and sung to by his mother as a child.

With a frustrated groan from being waken from his slumber, the prince pulled himself out of the soft grass. He carefully made his way towards the melody, guiding his horse with the reins, curious on as to whom the voice belonged to.