Chapter 28

Ashley's POV

I looked at the paper. I had a big grin on my face. I got accepted to the best music school in New York. I'm so happy! This has been my dream since I was 7. I remember when I went to the audition and I was late because my car broke down. Kat went with me for support. But I was late and when we finally got there, the judges were leaving. Until Kat sopped them and threatened them to stay and watch me perform. I played a few cords on my acoustic guitar and I sang Carrie Underwood's song, So Small. I remember when I was done the judges said "thank you" and Kat got up from the auditorium and started clapping then saying, "That was freaking awesome! How can you guys not accept her! I mean c'mon!" She yelled. I remember I went to her and shut her mouth and I thanked them as I left. But, I finally got the letter and I'm so excited!

"Hey babe. What you got there?" Michael asked as he kissed me on the lips.

"Oh nothing. Just a letter. I'm going to see Kat. I'll see ya. Love you," I quickly said and left with the letter.

When I got to the place, I saw Kat already got us a table. I sat across from her. She looked up from her phone and set it on the table.

"So what's up?" She asked.

"Okay, umm. Remember when I auditioned for that school?" I asked her and she grinned.

"Obviously! I had to threaten the judges to let you play," she laughed as well as I.

"Well I got a letter and..." I dragged on.

"NO WAY! YOU GOT IN?!" She yelled.

"Shh. Yea I did!" I smiled.

"Oh my gosh! That's great! Congrats," she said and I thanked her. The waiter gave us salads. I guess Kat must've ordered for us before I came. I had a garden salad with ranch and a iced tea. Kat got a Cesar salad with a coke. "So how did Michael take it?" She asked as she took a bite of her salad.

"I actually haven't talked to him yet," I admitted.

"Ashley, you have to tell him," she said.

"I know but what if he leaves me?" I asked her.

"If he leaves you then he's stupid and he isn't worth it then. He should and will accept it that you're going to New York to pursue YOUR dream," Kat said and I nodded. Through the meal, she kept looking on the phone.

"K, what's up with you and your phone?" I asked.

"Sorry. It's just that I left Harry at the house with Nathan. I haven't left him in a week so I'm just worried," she admitted.

"Your definitely got that mom traits. Kat, he's fine. He's with Nathan. What's the worst that could happen?" I said.

"Nathan trying to cook," she said with a straight face. "I'm being serious," she said.

"Then you better get home," I laughed as well as she. "But what are we going to do about our record label?" I asked.

"Well, we can't just drop them. I'll get back to the music and you go to college. And then when your done with college you can come back with me to our career," she said and I nodded. I always put Kat in charge of our career's decision since she was able to negotiate with people better without stuttering.

"When you start touring, you better come to New York," I winked.

"Of course," she laughed. After a while we left. I'm really dreading telling Michael.