Our Baby's First Christmas

Chapter 4: Our Baby's First Christmas

It was Christmas time once again. Three years since the night they had met, two years since they got engaged, and one year since they married. And this year, there was even more to celebrate. In late January, they had discovered that Snow was pregnant and they were overjoyed. Despite her pregnancy, Snow found a teaching position at a local elementary school, teaching fifth grade. Then nine months later, in late October, they welcome their precious baby girl into the world, Emma Ruth Nolan. They didn't think they could have gotten happier than they already were on the day they were married, but then Emma was born and proved them wrong. David was already wrapped around Emma's little finger, much to Snow's joy and amusement.

"You know, love, they do have the mall Santas that do this. You could take the wee one there," Killian mentioned, as Roni kept stuffing a pillow into the torso section of his costume.

"Ha yeah...not if I want Emma to scream body murder at being put in the lap of a stranger," Snow commented, as she kissed her daughter's head. Emma only had peach fuzz on her head at this point, but she could tell that she was definitely going to have her Daddy's coloring, for it was pure blonde.

"We're going to get pictures done with Uncle Santa Killy, aren't we baby?" she cooed, as she cradled her two-month-old daughter. Emma had little understanding of what was going on and they knew next Christmas, she'd be old enough to get it. Still...Snow wanted her baby picture with Santa and the only way that was happening was if it was with someone that she knew dressed as Santa.

The door of the bar opened and David hurried in, his arms full of sacks with things for Christmas Eve and diapers for Emma. Snow lit up at the sight of him and greeted him with a kiss, as he put everything down.

"Hey handsome," she cooed.

"Hey...there's my beautiful wife and my beautiful daughter," he replied, as their lips met again. As their lips parted, he spied Killian being "stuffed" and chuckled.

"Nice belly," he teased.

"The things we do for the children," he responded.

"Papa...you look like the real Santa!" Alice said.

"Well, you know he needs a lot of helpers this time of year, starfish," he replied, as he pulled her onto his lap.

"All right Gideon...go sit with Uncle Killy," Lacey cooed, as she prodded her toddler toward him and Killian lifted him onto the other knee.

"Oh that's perfect. Are you ready to go see Uncle Santa Killy, sweetheart?" Snow cooed.

"Must you call me that, love?" He asked with slight annoyance.

"Oh I don't know, Uncle Santa Killy has a nice ring to it," David teased.

"Watch it mate or next year, I'll ask for the assistance of an elf," he warned. David frowned at the prospect of green tights.

"Oh that would be so cute. My Charming David in tights," she leered.

"Snow..." he protested.

"You say no now, but I'll get Emma on board next year. You'd never say no to your little princess," Snow teased.

"She's got you there, mate," he teased. David sighed, knowing there was probably pointy ears and green tights in his future.

He watched with joy though, as Snow put Emma in Killian's arms and then got behind the tripod camera she had set up.

"Okay baby...look at Mommy," Snow called, but their daughter was more interested in her own fingers. She looked at her husband and he smiled.

"Emma...look at Daddy," he called, instantly getting her attention so Snow could snap the pictures.

"Daddy's little Princess," Snow said fondly. Once she was done, David picked her up and cradled her. Snow joined him and they found themselves under the mistletoe once again.

"Merry first Christmas, baby girl," David cooed to their precious little girl.

"And Merry Christmas, my darling Snow," he added, as they kissed tenderly.

"Merry Christmas, my love," she said, as she rested her head on his shoulder, as they celebrated another Christmas with their family...