"Are you okay?"

Bucky just nodded silently, still puzzled by what had just happened. Had Steve kissed him?

"Did he attack you?"

"Yeah, he hit me in the face and then closed the basement door".

"Did the plague doctor lock you up?"

"Who?" Bucky didn't understand anything. "Nooo, it was Rumlow, what does the plague doctor have to do with it?"

"Whaaaaat?! That son of a bitch..." Steve clenched his fists and turned around, ready to go looking for Rumlow.

"Stop, Steve, what are you doing? Can you explain what happens?"

"The killer came back, Scott Lang was stabbed. I think we should go with Fury and Hill".

...
...

Bucky POV
The brunette could not believe that in less than a month he was in ANOTHER interrogation for the attack of a murderer. As the hours passed he realized what had happened a while ago, and now he was scared to death. The plague doctor was on the loose in the same house as them and he had been locked in, unable to call for help or escape. What if the killer had noticed? A chill ran through his body.

But then another thought completely filled his mind: Steve had been looking for him. Was he worried about him? It couldn't be a coincidence that he opened the door, especially since by then almost everyone had left the house. Some warmth flooded his chest.

"Mr. Barnes, is everything okay?" Nick Fury watched him with a frown as he walked slowly through his office. Bucky remained seated, apparently staring blankly.

"Yes, sorry. I got a little distracted".

"I see that. Are you sure Brock Rumlow was the one who locked you in the basement? If so, he will receive a punishment, but it is very important to clarify it. If he were the murderer, this would change the whole situation".

"Yes, I'm sure. Rumlow was wearing a plague doctor costume, but it was not the same as the murderer. I don't think it's him".

"That coincides with other testimonies, classmates of yours saw Rumlow talking in the garden when the attack occurred".

"I don't think we should take it for granted so soon, Dean Fury", said Professor Hill from her chair in the office. "We're not sure those with Rumlow were sober and time conscious".

"You're right, Professor Hill, but I find it difficult for Rumlow to be involved. He must have been too quick to attack Lang and then go off with his friends immediately. Also, if he's the suspect, why didn't he attack Barnes?"

"As I already told other classmates of yours, Mr. Barnes: the security measures will be tighter in the next few days. We will establish a curfew and both the fraternities and the dorms will be specially guarded. You will continue to stay in the same frat house, do you agree?"

"Yes, Director Fury, everything went well at the house".

"Perfect, you can go now. Could you tell Mr. Rogers to come into the office?"

...
...

There were no more houses to move into, so Natasha and her companions would stay at their original residence while the other was investigated. The day after the party, Nat was devastated that the attack happened during the party SHE threw. Bucky invited her out for coffee so she could relax.

Nat had puffy eyes, although her beautiful features were still evident. She was wearing an old sweatshirt and her red hair was tied up in a ponytail. She drank her coffee slowly, stirring long after it was ready.

"If I hadn't started my plans, Scott would be fine".

"No, Nat, stop it. It's not your fault that a psychopath is attacking students, and you never would've imagined it". He put his hand on the redhead's shoulder and gave it a squeeze, trying to calm her down.