GHOSTS, Age 12

Jane was walking home with a bloody nose and a forming black eye. Her school wasn't over, but she left, since her older sister, and her friends were beating her up. Again. But this time, it was worse. Tears were running down Jane's cheeks. She was in pain. Maybe her nose was broken? She didn't know. But it did hurt like hell. She wanted for it to stop. She wanted for them to stop. Stop bullying her everyday. Stop beating her up, everyday. She didn't understand. What had she done wrong to deserve this? If anything, her sister and her friends deserved this to happen to them.

Jane stopped walking. What if she made them pay someday? But how? She couldn't hurt anyone.But they would deserve it, no? If they can do it to her, why couldn't she do it to them? Jane shook her head and continued walking. She had to get rid of those thoughts. This was not the first time she had them. Maybe she had just been watching too many movies, or something?

Jane arrived home and walked inside. Mel came over to look. "Oh my god, honey, what happened?!" She was in shock. Jane had never been injured this badly. Jane hugged her mother, crying, and explained everything. They went to the hospital, and got her nose checked out. It had indeed been broken. Jane was gonna be staying home from school for a few days. They gave her some painkillers to ease the pain for now.

When they got home, Jane went to her room. To her surprise there was a figure sitting on her bed. A grey little girl, with long hair, and she was wearing a long dress. Her right eye was missing, and she had a huge scar on her neck. "Charlie? Where have you been?" Jane asked her. "I dunno... I can't remember anything," Charlie answered. Jane sat next to her. "Well at least you're back," Jane sighed.

"What happened to you?" Charlie looked at Jane. "Well Jackie and her friends beat me up again.."

Mel suddenly opened the door. "Who are you talking to, Jane?" Mel asked, confused, why Jane was talking to nobody. "Charlie," Jane looked at her mum. "Honey, you're soon 13, you shouldn't have imaginary friends anymore," Jane stood up. "No mum! She's not imaginary! I've told you multiple times that I can see ghosts!" JAne looked irritated. Her mum never believed her. "That's not possible, Jane. Just admit that you still have imaginary friends," "But mum, I'm telling the truth!"