Chapter 2 The Hunt Begins

Once we were all in the museum, we found a corner to situate ourselves in. Placing our backpacks and things into what had been a neat pile, until it got ruined by Paxton and Roxanne throwing their stuff down.

Laura just glared at them, though they didn't seem to have a clue. "Now, how do you think we should handle this?" Aaron spoke. Fletcher looked around at all of us. "Well, there is an uneven number of us, but I do think we should work as a team. We can split off once our small groups have been made, and then report back here" He said, looking serious. Fletcher seemed to be taking this like a real sports match. 

From what I've experienced, Fletcher is a kind soul, who protects others. Though he can be kind of weird and dense. He works with his team and loves helping people. He's always passionate and if you'd watch a game then you'd definitely see that. He is one of the tallest people in our school. Being popular with many girls and friends with many of the guys.

"That sounds good" Aaron spoke.

Aaron, on the other hand, was sort of pretentious and arrogant. He definitely ruled the school and was one of the most popular kids. He was good looking and rich, though he was also kind. Which I found strange, seeing as all rich kids are usually very egocentric and rude. He's a class president and he loves charming the ladies. Aaron is one of the top students, always doing well in all his classes. Honestly he kind of reminds me of a prince.

I just nodded at the conversation at hand, listening but averting my gaze constantly to look at the area we were at.

"How are we going to decide who we're partnered with?" Roxanne piped up, quite loudly too. Paxton just shook his head. 

Roxanne I knew of, not too well but she left quite the impression. A girl who was very energetic and loud. Not really my type of person, but she constantly wears a smile. Always happy, and covering her notes in the most colourful things possible. She's sort of popular, always having some of the best parties and foods.

Paxton was almost like the male version of Roxanne. Loud and happy, constantly. He loves doing dares and stupid things, usually ending up with him injured. He always wears a grey thin scarf, no matter the weather. He likes telling jokes and gets along with everyone, always making people laugh.

"Charlotte?" Fletcher asked, noticing I must have spaced out. "Huh" I responded. "Oh, we were just wondering if you wanted to go with Laura or Apollo" He finished. I twitched, thinking it wouldn't matter which person I chose, because they both were both practically the same. Laura tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for me to choose. I looked back at Fletcher, with a pleading look to go by myself. He must have gotten the hint that I felt uncomfortable as he started to speak again. "We have to work in teams, sorry" Giving me an apologetic smile.

I just waved him off, signaling him to make the decision for me. "Alright, Charlotte, you can go with Apollo then" He said, smiling. "Finally, lets get going, I'm bored sitting here." Laura spat out.

Laura, she was quite the person, her family being very wealthy. I see her as an evil witch, I don't think I've ever seen her smile. I mean, I don't smile so I understand. Though, she's constantly bitter and angry and I do always see her with her 'flunkeys' as she calls them. They always obey her and flaunt over her, doing whatever she wants. She excels in all her classes and is one of the most popular kids in our school.

"We will be taking our leave now." Aaron says as he starts parting ways with Fletcher and Laura. Roxanne and Paxton went a different way, bouncing with every step, giggling about something. That left Apollo and I, we just awkwardly stared at each other for a while. 

"Let's go" He finally mumbled out. I was glad he said something because I knew that I wasn't going to say anything. Gripping his paper tightly I could notice he was in his usual mood.