Chapter 8

NAILA

EVERY PERSON has his or her own sudden scenes, where they are caught off guard not knowing what to do. They might feel angry, sad, happy, or even fearful. As we move forward, we don't know what tomorrow—or even later holds for us.

And that is what happened to me not an hour ago. As I remember how that Necro looked at me in the eye, it brought shivers down my spine. Hindi ko inakala na mangyayari 'yon. I was scared. Terror almost ate me when the Heftie landed on me and was about to hurt me.

Kahit anong baril nina Ephraim sa Heftie kanina ay wala itong epekto. They used a lot of Esperanium bullets and yet, it was no use. A little amount of effect on it wasn't even present! That's why I thought I would die there. Akala ko mamamatay na talaga ako.

But Ephraim was there. Ephraim saved me. He found a way to save me—just like how he always did everything just to save me in any trouble I'm in.

I looked at the now calm waves of the sea, swaying the boat in a moderate rhythm. Medyo nawala na ang ingay at takot sa mga tao rito. It's now almost a calm atmosphere and the people are not panicking anymore.

Ang nangyari kanina ay nagdala talaga nang takot sa lahat. Lalo na ako na muntikan nang mapatay ng Heftie.

But one thing I still can't get over with is why did that Heftie stop when it was supposedly was about to attack me? Bakit ito tumigil kung gayon ay sobrang lapit na nito sa akin? Maaari na sana nito akong patayin!

"But why did it stop?..."

"Ang alin?"

Kaagad akong lumingon nang marinig ang boses ni Ephraim. "Huh?"

"You asked about something stopping. Ano ang tumigil?" he asked. He leaned on the railings putting both of his hands on top and tilted his head to look at me.

"Ah..." Hindi ko namalayan na napalakas pala ang boses ko. "I was thinking about what happened earlier."

"What about it?" tanong nito habang nakatingin pa rin sa akin.

I caressed both of my arms and looked at the sky. "When the Heftie was so close it could've killed me, it suddenly stopped and I can't help but wonder. Why did it stop when I was already captured? Why did it stop when it could've just hit me effortlessly?" tumingin muli ako pabalik kay Ephraim. "Bakit ito tumigil?"

I saw Ephraim's hands gripped tightly on the railings, his face remained serious. "Maybe it changed its mind."

"There's no such thing as that, Ephraim! You know them, they are savage, cruel, and monsters. Walang makakapagpigil sa kanila lalo na't nasa harapan na ang isang biktima. The only thing they have in mind is to ravage and devour victims!"

He sighed and stood straight. Lumingon ito sa akin at lumapit. He pulled me into a hug and whispered. "I don't care about the reasons why it stopped, I'm just glad you're safe. God, I was so scared when you were under that damn monster."

Ibinalik ko ang yakap at humilig sa dibdib niya. "I'm also glad you're safe."

Tumingala ako sa kaniya at nakita ang may gasgas at duming mukha nito. But it didn't give any fault to his perfect features which I love. Inabot ko ang mukha nito at hinaplos. I looked at his eyes, to his nose, and to his lips.

Tumingkayad ako para maabot ang mukha nito. I pressed my lips to him and closed my eyes when I felt him giving back the kiss that I gave.

God, I love this man.

Bumalik kami kung saan marami ang mga tao para tumulong sa mga sugatan. I have a piece of small knowledge about doing first aid and I could be used to help right now.