Alternate Ending to 18x07

"I have to catch a plane." Amelia said regretfully. Of course she wanted to get dinner with Kai. They had a breakthrough and deserved to celebrate their victory together. Plus, she wanted to spend more time with Kai.

"Okay." Kai said, smiling down at her and nodding. They tried as hard as they could to not look disappointed. They too wanted to spend more time with Amelia.

"But, I will see you next week." Amelia said.

The two started to slowly walk away from eachother. Then suddenly, they both stopped walking. They both turned around and walked towards each other. Nobody said anything. They stared into each other's eyes until they were only centimeters apart.

They stayed there for a few seconds, just staring at each other. Kai leaned their head down towards Amelia's, placing their hands on both sides of her head. Amelia stared down at their lips then back up to their eyes, feeling her cheeks getting hot as she blushed. Amelia's hands made their way to rest on Kai's chest, by their neck. Amelia could feel her breathing getting heavier as her lips got closer and closer to Kai's.

Kai closed the gap and their lips connected in the most passionate kiss that made up for all that built up tension from the past few weeks. Kai tangled their fingers through Amelia's hair as her arms moved to wrap around their neck. She stood up on her tip toes to get closer to them. They wrapped their arms around her waist and lifted her feet off the ground, their strong arms holding her up without letting their lips leave hers.

Eventually they had to break the kiss because it had been a few minutes and the two needed to take a breath. The two pulled their lips apart slowly, and Kai gently set Amelia down so her feet were on the ground. Both of them still had their eyes closed, and their noses were still touching, they could feel each other's breath on their faces.

Amelia literally felt weak in the knees. That was the most passionate first kiss she's ever had. Kai made her feel things she didn't know she could feel. She gripped their jacket in her hands before peeling her eyes open and pulling her face away so she could look at them. Neither of them spoke for a couple minutes, both of them needing a second to process what just happened.

"Wow." Amelia finally said, breaking the silence. Kai couldn't control the smile taking over their face after hearing her say that.

"Yeah, wow." Kai said to her, at a loss for words. Neither of them wanted to move, because then they would realize that Amelia had to catch her flight to Seattle. So they stood there, looking into each other's eyes for a little longer.

"I really....really don't want this moment to end, but I have to get to the airport soon." Amelia said, smiling sadly at them. Kai gave her a sad smile back and leaned back in for one last kiss. It was a short goodbye kiss, it almost felt like they've kissed goodbye before.

"Okay. Text me when you land." Kai said, reaching out for Amelia's hand. She smiled and took their hand, staring down at their hands squeezing each other's.

"I will. Bye, Kai." Amelia said, slowly letting go of their hand.

"Goodbye, Amelia. See you next week." Kai said, staring down at their hands as they slowly let go. They watched her walk away to her rental car until she was out of sight.