Chapter 1

South Conroy, New Hampshire

Florence's POV

"This isn't filling me up!" I protested, as I was eating bread with butter. Linda, my stepmother was eating spaghetti and meatballs right in front of me. I was in her care, ever since my parents died in a horrific plane crash over Peru. It just wasn't the same. My stepmother would always yell at me, and hit me, everytime I messed up.

"That's why I told you to butter your bread!" snapped Linda. "Now, cut out that whining, and finish eating your dinner!"

"This isn't dinner!" I shot back. "Why can't I have spaghetti and meatballs like you? This isn't right!"

"I make the rules around here, missy!" yelled Linda. "Don't make me hit you, now!"

Linda terrified me so much. She was really an evil woman, that showed very little remorse. Her big nose, and missing teeth, made her look so ugly. No man wanted to be near her. She was done eating her meal, and burped, after drinking some Pepsi.

"Ew!" I scoffed.

"Shut up!" snapped Linda, slapping me in the face. "Go wash the dishes! Go on!"

I sighed, without an argument, and got to work washing the dishes. This wasn't an easy life for me. This wasn't home. Not at all.

This was prison.

A/N Hey, guys! What do you think of this story? What do you think of Florence's situation? What do you think of Linda? Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Show some support by voting, and sharing this book! Thanks, guys! Love you all! ❤❤❤💙💙💙💙😘😘😘😘😘😘