Chapter 52

Khae spent the night trying to contact Aiah but she ignored all her calls and messages.

She looked at the time, impatiently. It's past 3 AM.

"Oh, c'mon! Let it be 6 o'clock already!" She cussed and closed her eyes when she felt a throbbing pain in both her temples.
She's up all night and she's starting to feel dizzy. She wanted to go to Aiah's place but it was already late and she was not allowed to leave at that time. She should be home at 9 in the evening and is only allowed to leave the house after 6 in the morning. That's Mr. Lim's rule.

She grabbed her phone and checked her inbox. No new messages.

This is probably the longest night ever...
She sighed.

Aiah woke up late. She recalled what happened last night. Tears started to roll down on her cheeks. She did not notice the knocking on her door.

"Maraiah?" Lou asked, confused. She went to see Aiah in her room because she was told she hasn't gone downstairs. It's already 10 in the morning. They came over to spend more time with their daughter since they are going back to Cebu today.

"What's wrong?" She asked worriedly. She found Aiah crying on the bed. She walked towards her.

Aiah gasped when she heard her mom. It's too late now to hide her tears.

"M-mommy" She initiated a hug. She wrapped her arms around her. Aiah badly needs comfort right now.

"Oh, baby. Why are you crying? Did you have a fight with Khae?" Mrs. Arceta asked worriedly while caressing Aiah's back.

Aiah kept crying and did not say a word. She just wanted to get rid of that heavy feeling in her chest. It's been bottled up and she could not hold it anymore.

"Tell me about it. Mom's here to listen." Lou could feel her child's pain.

After hearing those words, Aiah related the story to her mom. She told Lou everything.

"What am I going to do, Mom?" Aiah asked.

Mrs. Arceta sympathizes with her daughter. She can't help but wonder now. Does Khae really love Aiah? Am I wrong with my first impression of  her? Though what she heard  from Aiah today made her skeptical about Khae's real intentions, Lou's fully aware of how much Aiah loves her girlfriend.

"Let Khae explain her side first and then you decide." Mrs. Arceta said. She still gives Khae the benefit of the doubt.

"I don't know, Mom. It's like a never-ending cycle. I keep forgiving her and she keeps breaking her promise." Aiah is confused. Her mind is telling her to resist but her heart is too soft for Khae. She loves her very much.

"I just met Khae and I don't know much about her. It'll be unfair to judge her right away. But Aiah, if you keep crying like this because of her, I might interfere and do what a mother has gotta do. I love you so much and I will not allow anybody to treat you otherwise."

Aiah knows her mom is serious about what she just said. She already has an idea that she will force her to break up with Khae if the latter will continue to mistreat her.

Am I ready? You should be, Aiah. You should be...

Before her mind dives into deep thinking, her mom spoke.

"Your dad might come up here. We'll both find ourselves in trouble if he sees you crying. Hush now, sweetheart." Mrs. Arceta touched Aiah's cheeks.

Aiah suddenly remembered her dad. She's not sure how bad will he react once he finds out about her and Khae. But just the thought of it gives her chills.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I made you worry" Aiah finally stopped crying and composed herself.

"Don't be sorry. I'm relieved you have opened up. I appreciate it, sweetheart. Remember that I am always here, okay? You can tell me anything. Call me anytime." Mrs. Arceta said with a reassuring smile.

Aiah feels lucky to have an understanding and supportive mom.

"Aaargh!" Khae moaned in pain. She placed both hands on her head. She's got terrible headache. She turned to her side and saw the time. It's 15:20.

"What?! Already?! Shit!" She feels that her headache worsened when she realized she overslept.

Meanwhile...

"Is she coming?" Lou asked Aiah.

Aiah shook her head, wiping the tears she was not able to hold back.