Chapter 8

The next morning, when Rithvik woke up, Roli had already left for school. The concert went on till late night and it was about 3 am when Rithvik came home. So he woke up late around 11 am. Rithvik and Ansh did not have classes for that day, because it was the day after the festival. The grounds needed to be cleaned and things set back in place.

For a change, his mother was home, and Rithvik was still in a good mood after the development with Dhun. He went and hugged his mom. "Good morning, mom" She ruffled his hair. "Still like a kid sometimes." She said in a loving tone.

"You can't say that now. I have got a girlfriend now." He drew back from his mother. Sameera was a liberal mother. He knew she will love the news.

"What? That is so great." Sameera said, "When can I meet her? What is her name? Tell me all about her... Wait, show me a photo of her."

"Calm down, mom." Rithvik laughed. "And you will be stunned to know who it is."

"What? I don't know any of your friends...." But there was a smile on Rithvik's face. "Oh...wait. No way?" She guessed and understood who he means. "Really?"

"Yeah.... It's Dhun."

"Seriously?"

Rithvik shyly nodded.

Later that day, Rithvik knocked on Ansh's room's door to give him the news. But Ansh also guessed things seeing the happy smile on Rithvik.

"Let me guess. Things went well with Dhun."

"Yeah," He smiled.

"Great. Congrats..." But Ansh could not meet Rithvik's eyes. His guilt would not let him.

"Ansh, I am not being selfish, am I?" Rithvik asked, seeing that Ansh did not look all that happy.

"No. I gave you permission, right? Besides, you should not care about that. It's your life's major decision. And don't be a saint all of a sudden it does not suit you." Rithvik laughed. "Also," Ansh hesitated. "No matter what, you think of me and Roli as an abomination, right?"

"No. It's just a matter of principles." Rithvik said. "It's wrong in my eyes."

"Yes. So you don't have to go feeling guilty about doing what you think is right. And enjoy your dating life. I will be okay." He hid a sad smile.

Afternoon, Rithvik went to college to help the union members to clean up the grounds. He still had not called Dhun, being nervous. He still felt a fluttery feeling when he thought about her. So Dhun and Rithvik just exchanged good morning messages, and he informed her that he is going to college.

That evening, Ansh waited outside the building for Roli to come home from school. When Roli came home, she saw him waiting.

"Can we talk?" Ansh asked her. She nodded.

They walked to the children's play area on the apartment grounds and stopped near the swings. Roli sat down on one of the swings. "Talk." She said.

"What happened last night, should not have happened." Ansh started. "I am really sorry it happened. And I hope we can overcome that and move on."

"Eff that," Roli said, coldly. "Explain to me why it happened?"

Ansh blushed and went silent. "Was it a mistake?" Roli asked him.

"It was not a mistake," Ansh admitted.