Chapter 20

"Rith, we have got something to tell you." Ansh started. Rithvik nodded and looked at them. Cautiously, Ansh continued, "We have decided to be together."

Rithvik blinked and look between them. Ansh held out his hand and Dhun took his hand. They held hands and Rithvik looked at the held hand. He had not expected this so soon, so it took Rithvik a second to register it. But then he was super stunned and super excited. "What? Really!!! Woah!! That's that's great." He jumped up and went to them, "Oh My God." He hugged them both together. Rithvik was honestly happy and excited for them. Over Rith's shoulder, both Dhun and Ansh looked a bit worried. But Rithvik let go of them and look super excited

"This calls for a celebration. Tell me, I will buy you guys anything in here." Rithvik said.

Dhun almost looked guilty. She couldn't meet eyes with Rithvik. "No. It's fine."

"Come on, Bro! My best friends are dating. This need be grand. I will get you guys ice creams and chips and coffee. Wait..." He ran off to the counter.

" I did not expect him to be this happy." Dhun sounded hurt.

"Disappointed?" Ansh asked her.

"A bit."

"But this is for his good, right?"

Dhun sighed and nodded. Ansh's eyes fell on the notebook Rith had left on the table. There were failed attempts at drawing the girl. His drawings looked so comically bad. Ansh just looked confused about Rithvik's newfound liking for drawing. Dhun was still watching Rithvik.

"He won't be able to carry everything at once." She said, "I will go help him."

She walked to the counter. When Rith saw her, he smiled at her. She smiled back.

"You are really happy" Dhun was a bit irritated without being able to help it.

"Yeah. Of course." He said.

"Because of Ansh?" she asked.

Rithvik just shrugged. Their food arrived. Dhun received three coffee with her hands, while Rith was getting some plates filled with snacks. But Dhun felt unable to carry three cups at once and she spilt a bit of coffee which fall directly onto the handkerchief tied over her hand, burning her. "Aw.." She cried in pain.

Rithvik set the plates back to the counter and turned to her at once. "You okay?"

He took the coffee cups out of her hand and looked at her wrist. He tried to untie the handkerchief off her wrist, but she pulled her hand back. " What? It's burning you more. We need to remove the handkerchief and wash your hand."He yelled at her.

But she held her hand back.

"I will do it in the bathroom. I will just go and be back." She turned around. Rithvik's eyes went narrow on her with a bit of doubt. He just remembered the hand of the girl in his dream having an 'R' tattoo on her wrist. But then there was no way he can prove his doubts. Nor did they make any sense. So he just let them be.

*

The class was going on. And Rithvik had his drawing notebook open. Instead of taking notes, he was sketching in the book. As usual, his sketches were kind of comically bad. Ansh who was sitting beside him looked around at the notebook. Rithvik was trying to draw a hand from sideways. Ansh ignored him and concentrated on the lecture.

*

Ansh and Rithvik were taking their bike to go home. And then they saw Dhun walking. "Are you not dropping her home?" Rithvik asked Ansh.