Chapter 4

The two good news that came three weeks later left Wang Yibo both excited and confused

He has passed the final task trial and graduated satisfactorily. Along with that, there was a job offer from a company owned by the father of a friend on campus.

What confused him was that the company was in Beijing. If he missed the offer he would miss such a lucrative opportunity. If he took up the job offer, he would have to move and settle in Beijing as it was impossible for him to travel tens of kilometers back and forth.

His mother, who was almost in her fifties, with a proud smile took a shiny black coat that didn't look new but was still pretty good.

His mother gently put the coat on, threading her son's arms one by one and smoothing the collar of the coat.

"This is your father's," her tired eyes welled up with tears. Wang Yibo looked at his mother's face, which was full of traces of her life's struggles. "He always wears it when he attends important moments."

Wang Yibo smiled sadly. "When you step into your new office, embarking on the first step of your career journey, wear this suit. That way you will always feel your father's presence by your side.
His mother looked at the expression of her only handsome son, she smiled faintly again.

"I agree if you take the job offer. There is no reason for you to turn down this golden opportunity," she said again. Both of them stare at the shadow each in that old mirror hanging on the wall.

"But if you want to fight for your personal happiness, I will still support you. However you have to pursue it yourself, no one else will do that for you."

The mother seemed to understand the source of all her son's worries and anxieties.
Unfortunately, at that time Wang Yibo did not understand the meaning of his mother's words.

♠♠♠

Two days before Xiao Zhan and Jian Li's wedding, Wang Yibo took his last salary at Aurora Cafe.

With that money, he bought a beautiful scarf made of black cashmere, the latest Autumn edition. He wanted to give it to Xiao Zhan as a wedding gift. The scarf is packaged in an exclusive box. Then he wrote a farewell letter to Xiao Zhan.

A letter?Wang Yibo hesitated for a moment.

Are there still modern youths who write letters? Why not just send a message via cell phone.

Ah no..

Messages on cell phones can be deleted quickly without leaving an impression. Whereas writing in a letter is more likely to have a dramatic effect, and each stroke of the pen will leave a trace of the feelings of the letter writer. Since the contents of the letter were a farewell message, Wang Yibo hoped that every letter he wrote would be sharp and scratch the wound in Xiao Zhan's heart.

Why? Behind the unspeakable love and longing he wanted to see Xiao Zhan hurt because of his departure. Maybe then Xiao Zhan could realize the meaning of his presence all this time. That kind of love may sound very selfish. But now it doesn't matter anymore.