Yet Another Visit

Rouxls walked into the prison area, not even caring his face was still drooping a bit. He had decided to teleport past everyone else- just avoiding the confrontation for now. It's Speare he wants to see, and talk to. Even if Speare doesn't want to see him. He hasn't the last several times.

Rouxls came into the room with that familiar spade, immediately getting a hidden glare that can make anyone else wet their pants. He was used to it. He simply walked further in, and sat down across from the bars.

"What do you want." The dethroned tyrant commanded. He seemed a little softer in tone today? Probably just wishful thinking.

"Just another visit. Wouldn't want for you to be alone. I can't stand to be either." Rouxls answered simply. He finally moved his hand off his face, showing that slight drippy sag. It was starting to reconnect though.

"Why me specifically. Why not anyone else in this shithole? Why just the guy in the hamster cage? And why so fucking often?" The spade demanded, turning around. He actually didn't look quite as angry. A little bit seemed to be concern. Maybe sadness, more like it. Not that it showed too much.

"Because I care about you too, sir. You are a part of that world too. No matter what the fountain's influences caused, that will never change." Rouxls almost wanted to cry saying this. Hold it together. He doesn't recognize you... you look different now. He probably doesn't even know your name...

"You're reminding me of him more every time, you know that right? Doesn't mean I'm going to open the floodgates and let you in. You're just another servant." The king sounded unsure. Upset, slightly. But of course he masked most of it with fury. Didn't mean those words didn't ring through his guest like ripples in a pond.

"I... remind you of someone? If you don't mind me asking... who exactly? I don't recall there being many others in the castle." Roulxs was confused now. Had to keep up this facade for now... but. Those words. Did he actually remember? Did Speare still maintain some of his old self, behind all that corruption?

The fiend was quiet for some time before chuckling. Never expected someone to ask him this. Sure, why not. Not like anyone will ever give a fuck. "He wasn't even a suit. Not a spade, a diamond. None of them. Someone all his own. Yet, he still changed his appearance to help 'fit in.' Never needed to, he was already perfect. Even without that cloak adorned with the spade symbol, he was still my husband. The one I cared most for." The monarch went quiet for a moment, a quiet chuckle being heard.

"Looked a lot like you. Not exactly of course. Quite a few differences, I can clearly tell. But damn, if you going soggy right there doesn't remind me more. He'd go through that whenever things got stressful or upsetting. Not as bad, sure. But it happened. And it happened a lot before he... left. Disappeared, so I never saw him again. And I hate that seeing you reminds me! Stop taunting me!" He went back to aggression rather quickly. A slam on the bars soon followed, before the old spade got up and walked to the other side of his cell. "LEAVE."

"R-right. I will. Apologies for bothering you." Rouxls nearly whispered. He teleported out as he always did- made things less awkward in his opinion. But that description ran through his mind. He remembers. Speare remembers him. Just... doesn't recognize him. But that means there is some hope... right?