Chapter 2

welcome everyone I know your happy that I uploaded this fast I hope you like it. Please read and review.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Since I had grown accustom to wearing the eye patch, over time I'd also grown accustom to the limited vision that came with it. I sniffed the air, then smiled up at Luka. "It's going to snow tonight, Luka, it's going to be beautiful," I told him after I analyzed the air's aura.

Luka made a face and I snickered. "What is it; you still don't like the snow?" I asked.

He frowned. "That's not it," he mumbled softly.

"It's just, when you made the snow why did you have to make it so cold, Mistress?" He asked me.

I chuckled and looked up briefly at the sun. "Well, I had already made one very hot thing so I thought humans needed a way to be able to keep cool. And if they could preserve it even better," I explained as we reached the city gates.

Maine had become a tourist city of sorts and around it all stood a ten story wall. Balloons and loud music flowed out from above the walls. People walked and shuffled in through the large entrance in the front of the city. "Looks like the Goddess hunt festival is in full swing," I whispered.

Luka jerked me closer to his side. "Please stay closer to me, Mistress, or at least stay where I can see you," he muttered squinting ahead.

As we walked through the crowd and into the city I tried to keep my head down as much as possible. All around us was excitement and commotion, but when we reach the town square I stopped. Luka stopped without a word beside me. All around us the crowd was cheering for someone to be hanged. A little girl, who appeared to be no more than seven years old given her appearance. I stared at her frowning. At first I didn't know why she was being hanged, that is until I noticed her eyes. She had Heterochromia or odd eye, meaning that her eyes were two different colors. In her case one eye golden bronze and the other was gray. Meaning she was a candidate for the Goddess Hunt festival.

They were going to murder the poor child because her eyes were like mine. But my golden eye glowed all the time, that was the purpose of the eye patch to cover my infamous eye up and to stop the glow. I looked away as the child began begging and pleading for her mother to save her. "Luka, do something," I commanded softly.

"Yes my Mistress," he answered back just as softly, then his eyes began to scan the area.

When Luka was still little and I was training him how to fight and take down targets, I taught him one important rule that he should always remember. That is if he can't find a weakness to exploit...then make one to exploit. I watched as two large men from this town slipped a noose around the little girl's neck.

Luka reached into his pocket and pulled out five needles. I watched Luka stare ahead at the rope, from where I stood I could see that the rope was pretty worn out. Luka flicked the needled up into the air, then flicked each one ahead. All of the needles hit their target and a moment later, a ripping sound echoed throughout the crowd as their attempt to hang the child failed.

The child fell to the ground below the wood platform as the rope with Luka's help, snapped underneath her fragile weight. I let out a sigh of relief as Luka grabbed my hand again and we began walking to the nearest hotel. We managed to make it to the hotel without any trouble which I was thankful for.

When we reached the hotel I sat down in a chair in a corner like I usually would, so no one would notice me while Luka got us a room. I watched the woman at the front desk flirt with Luka her body surrounded with a pink aura. After a moment or two Luka came back to me holding two room keys. "Your room is right next to mine, thankfully," he told me handing me the key.

I took the key from him and smiled. "You looked like you were having fun," I said as we climbed the staircase to our rooms.

Luka made a face of disgust. "That woman wore too much perfume it made my throat, eyes and nose burn," he told me leading me to my room. Luka opened my room door for me and came inside my room. He closed the door behind him, then began to help me get ready for bed.

Luka was in the middle of taking off my eye patch when it began to snow outside. I felt myself smile. "Look, Luka look, it's snowing, I made it snow!" I told him excitedly.

Luka chuckled. "Yes, Aria I see," he told me then gave me a hug.

"Call me if you need me and I'll come. I'm right next door, Aria," he said softly as he stroked my hair.

"I will Goodnight, Luka," I told him smiling as I watched him leave to go to his room.

"Goodnight, Mistress," he told me. I placed my eye patch on the night stand and laid down on the bed to go to sleep. I looked up and stared at the snow, then I slowly fell asleep to the sight of falling snow.

I woke up in the middle of the night, unable to go back to sleep. I sat up and yawned, then looked around the room my eyes taking in all the auras that flowed in and out of my room. Now that my eye patch was off they were easier to see and identify. I climbed out of my bed and walked out of my room and next door to Luka's room.

Luka was awake but in another form and he wasn't wearing a shirt even though it was snowing. The form Luka had shifted into had oil slick, black hair and dark red eyes. He was sharpening some of his daggers. "Luka, I can't go back to sleep. Can I sleep with you?" I asked.