Chapter Three

“Hey boo,” Daniel whispered as he ran his hands through Ethan’s hair, Ethan’s eyes went wide and he immediately sat up and stared at the man, he was gauging his mood. He found it odd that he wasn’t angry or yelling. If it had been one of the others who had done what he did — Daniel would have been very pissed — not like the others would do that anyway

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Daniel said when he noticed the confusion in the boy’s eyes

“Y-you are not mad at me?” Ethan whispered

“No bub. Of course not, just a little disappointed, but not mad, plus I forgive you.” He said as he pulled the boy closer, Ethan wanted to relax into Daniel’s warmth but he knew he had been bad, erm He meant wrong. He should have been more careful in hiding those tablets, he had to be careful this time. Because the truth was, he did not need them. He didn’t care what that overbearing doctor said. He wasn’t unstable, drugs were for unstable people right? Right?

But then again, Max and Alex said that they weren’t for unstable people, Max took insomnia tablets but he never seemed unstable, so maybe Ethan was wrong? Either way, Ethan was not taking those tablets

“C’mon, let’s go down okay?”

Ethan fisted his eyes, “but I - I want to sleep now” He pouted then mentally facepalmed at his behavior, he was not a child

“Boo, if you sleep right now you won’t sleep tomorrow afternoon, that wouldn’t be good for your sleep schedule right?” Daniel tried to reason

“I don’t need a sleep schedule” Ethan mumbled as he continued to fist his eyes.

Daniel sighed. Sometimes explaining stuff didn’t help “ C’mon let’s go down and watch a movie” He offered. Daniel was exhausted himself. He still had a bunch of work to do tonight and he was sure he would stay up till the next morning, luckily tomorrow was a Saturday so he could gift himself a day off, the investors could wait

Their company dealt with real estate and textile, it had become really succeed over the years but most times in order to expand they had to move, Moving always took a toll on Ethan though, the boys had taken note of that important fact. One of the main reasons Daniel was against them moving Again.

“Noooo I want to sleep!” Ethan whined as he tried to ease Daniel’s grip from him, why can’t he do what he wanted?

“Oh bub, it will just be for two hours okay? Then you can sleep, You don’t want to stay up all day tomorrow, I assure you.” He whispered as he stared at the boy whose eyes were shining with tears right now.

Ethan didn’t respond though, instead he let Adrian lead him downstairs to where the other boys were, sat around the couch with two spaces in the middle for them. They rarely had movie nights because they’re were rarely together, this was because they constantly had to recycle shifts among themselves. It was either max and Daniel weren’t around or Alex and Daniel weren’t around or someone else wasn’t around but Daniel was rarely around because he did most of the work at the company — he was the president of the company after all. Though they all shared equal funds.

Daniel quickly sat down with Ethan by his side as the movie began, they were watching Toy story, Because it was Ethan’s favorite movie after all.

From the corner of his eyes, Ethan saw Adrian move to go upstairs, he didn’t think too much about it as he tried to focus on the movie even though he felt like sleeping. He wanted to sleep but he wanted to watch the movie too.

Just like he had promised, two hours later, Daniel picked up an asleep Ethan and was about to go upstairs when Alex stopped him.

“I‘ll take him, he must be exhausted,” he cooed at the boy, Daniel nodded as he handed the boy over and sighed “so did you sort things out?”

“Yeah, He just needs a lot of rest, I’m guessing we are all gonna be home tomorrow?” Daniel asked as he checked the time and yawned in exhaustion, knowing fully well he wasn’t going to bed anytime soon, it was almost 2:30am now, he’d sleep at four and then sleep in. Yeah that sounded like a good idea.

“We are, I’m not sure about max though, it seems like he has somewhere to go. Been giddy all night” Alex mumbled the last part, Daniel shrugged before he ruffled Ethan’s hair

“He’s so precious, I just wish we could figure out what happened in his past” Daniel whispered

“I thought we agreed to let the past stay in the past?” Alex raised an eyebrow, Daniel shrugged. “Besides you should go straight to bed, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to work tomorrow afternoon yeah?”

“That would defeat the purpose of spending time with you guys haha” Daniel
Pointed out.

“Well, I’m pretty sure we would rather have to working at home than add another insomniac to the family,” Alex said light heartedly. Daniel rolled his eyes but headed to his room anyway. Alex strolling behind him with Ethan on his hip.