Meeting The Boy Again

Edited

Today, my parents are letting me choose which private school I want to enter. Eventhough it's still the beginning of summer.

I have three choices, Fine Arts College, Welshire Private School, or Davenport Academy. And at least three of my big family members went to each school.

And I know, that some of the kids there are snobby, spoiled rich kids.

"Can I just go to a public school?" I beg.

"Nope, you deserve the best education and these three schools are the best private schools in the country. And all in London." Dad says.

"I'm guessing celebrities' children goes to these schools too." I joke.

"Actually that's true."

I widen my eyes. "Wait what?"

"Yes, I recall some celebrities' children goes to Davenport, and a few in Welshire."

"Oh." Great..... I'm gonna be schooled with famous people's children.... I wonder how snobby they will be.

"Well, me and your mother need to go to our meeting now."

"I thought you already did."

"It was delayed. Oh yeah, if you need to go somewhere, just ask Daniel. He will be your driver and bodyguard. Be careful with the press. Bye darling." He kisses my temple.

"Bye Dad."

He and my mom leaves, leaving me to my own devices. So I decide to just go shopping.

"Daniel?" I say.

Then a man in a suit comes in.

"You asked for me Miss Highland?" He asks.

"Yes Daniel. I think I'll go shopping now. Where's the nearest mall?"

"The Worthington Mall miss."

"Alright then. We'll go there."

"Yes miss."

He tells me to wait out front while he takes the car.

After a few minutes, he drives the car towards me. He stops in front of me and opens the door for me. I thank him and climb in.

"So if you're the bodyguard, do you need to follow me everywhere?" I ask.

"Yes miss. And Mr Highland said I would have to keep a three meter distance from you so you will still have some space."

"Alright then. What if the press finds us?" I remember there was this one time I went to the mall and I almost suffocated being crowded by the press.

"I will guard you."

"Okay then."

We arrive around twenty minutes later. Daniel opens the door for me and I thank him.

I shopped at Top Shop, Zara, H&M, Forever 21 and Swatch. I bought around 13 pieces of new clothing for me and Mom. Then, since me and Dad love playing soccer, I walk to Sports Station.

I see a pair of soccer shoes he would like, so I reach for it. When I got hold of it, a hand also takes hold of it. I look up at the person and it's him, the boy I saw coming out of the brick mansion next to ours.

He has brown hair that's brushed into a quiff. And he has these gorgeous dazzling brown eyes.

"Hey, I've seen you before." The boy says and lets go of the shoe.

"Same here." I also let go of the shoe.

"Don't you know me?" He looks puzzled, but somewhat amused. Tsk tsk, what a cocky guy...

"No, am I supposed to?" I say coldly. Not the best idea.

"Not really. I just thought you'd recognize me."

"What? Are you a famous person's kid or something?" I say sarcastically.

"Well yeah. You?" He says with a straight face.

Well that was unexpected....

"Uh, yeah actually. Cause my parents are, you know, famous."

"Actors?"

"No. My parents own lots of famous resorts. You?"

"My dad plays, well, played football. He now just occasionally coaches and my mom's a model and fashion designer."

"That explains a good-looking guy in the soccer section."

He chuckles, "Thanks for the compliment."

I pretend to look confused and raise an eyebrow, "What are you talking about? I was talking about that guy in the sports ball area."

"Wait what?" He turned around to look and I snorted.

"I was kidding genius!" I laugh.

He turns to me with a pink face, looking embarrassed, "Oh..."

I laugh again, "You are so gullible."

He chuckles, "Yeah. So, which resorts did your parents own?"

"Highland Resorts. George and Josephine Highland, they're my parents."

"An American I see. So you, milady, must be Autumn Highland." He smirks.

I chuckle, "Yeah, who's your parents? I'm sure my dad would be a fan of your dad and my mom a fan of yours."

"Well, my dad's David Beckham and my mom's Victoria Beckham."

Then it hit me. How could I not recognize him? HE'S BROOKLYN FRIKIN BECKHAM!!!

"Oh my god, I'm so dumb." I face palm.

He chuckles and smiles. "Just realized it?"

"Yes. God, how did I not recognize you?!"

"Well, Autumn, I guess you're so dumb you don't even remember the most famous of people." He teases.

"Jeez, no need to call me dumb. It's not like you're Einstein." I tease back.

He laughs. His laugh is rather contagious. It's the kind of laugh that reaches his eyes and you can hear the sincere joy in his voice.

It's music to my ears....

"So, you like soccer?" He asks.

"Yup. Me and Dad usually play soccer in the backyard. I don't think I have to ask if you like it or not."

"You don't. Well, it's nice to meet you Autumn. See you later neighbor."

"You know I'm your neighbor?"

"Yeah, I saw you taking pictures of the neighborhood this afternoon. Nice ATV though."

"Thanks. Well, see you later neighbor." I offer my hand.

"See you later, neighbor." He shakes my hand.

His hand is so warm and soft. And my hand fits perfectly with his. I smile and he smiles back.

He walks back to a woman who I recognize as his mother, Victoria Beckham. She's waiting for him at the running shoes section. He's talking to her then they turn to me. His mom smiles and waves at me. I smile and wave back. Then she talks to Brooklyn again.

I have a feeling living in London won't be so bad as I thought it would.