Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kiara's POV

I yawned as I lay with my head in Shraddha's lap. It was our group's usual Saturday. Every week on Saturday, the 9 of us wake up early and meet at one of our houses and we wait for Sid's call. We usually spend the whole day together hanging out too, it's something we look forward to all week. That and of course, Sid's call. It's been almost 3 months since he left to go to the army, almost 3 months since I've seen him. His calls are the highlight of my week, I miss him so much. I miss the way he would look me in the eyes and tell me he loves me, I miss the way he'd always be there to walk me home, I miss the way he would kiss me goodbye... I miss everything about him. We had been together for 1 and a half years. I wiped a tear away. We were all slumped around Varun's living room, some of us on the floor, some on the couch, waiting for the phone to ring.

After what seemed like forever, the clock finally ticked to 6am, and immediately the phone rang. Everyone sat up immediately, smiling, and I ran to the phone. "Hello?" I said excitedly.

"Hey baby," Sid said, his voice as calm as ever. I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard his voice.

"I miss you Sidharth."

"I miss you too Jaan, I-"

"KIARA WILL YOU PUT HIM ON SPEAKER," Varun yelled.

"Okay, okay, sorry," I laughed, putting the phone on speaker.

"Hey guys, how are you all?" Sid asked with a chuckle. Everyone started to shout all at once. After the clamour died down, we passed the phone around so we could all talk to him quickly. We were only allowed 15 minutes every week, so it was incredibly difficult to get everything in on time. I usually went last, but Disha seemed to be taking a little longer today, I really hoped there would be enough time for me. We only had 2 more minutes left, but I couldn't blame her. After all, he was her older brother. She finally handed the phone to me, with only 1.5 minutes left, wiping her tears away as Shraddha hugged her. I felt guilty as I took her phone from her hand, but I had to be quick. "Jaan?"

"Hey Ki"

"I love you so much Sid, how is it going?" I said, speaking ultra-fast.

"It's all good, been pretty quiet for the last couple of days, I love you too baby, how's college?" He responded, matching my speed.

"That's great, my studies are fine too, no more exams!!" The call started to beep, signaling that we only had 30 more seconds. "I love you Sidharth, please take care of yourself, baby, I need to see you soon."

"Yes Kiara, I promise. I love you." And with that, the call disconnected. I looked at everyone else's disappointed faces. 15 minutes a week simply wasn't enough.

Tiger's POV

What the hell was going around outside!? I could hear like 15 voices. Varun said I would be meeting his friends today, but it was 7am for god's sake! And how many of them were there? I dragged myself out of bed and put a shirt on. I got freshened up in the ensuite bathroom and opened the door. I walked out to find 9 people sitting around in a circle on the living room floor. They all stopped talking and looked up at me. "Oh yeah guys, this is Tiger, saala tu sau saal jeeye ga, hum abhi teri baat kar rahe the (you're going to live a hundred years, we were just talking about you)," Varun exclaimed, slapping me on the back, "anyways, this is adi, sush, you know shraddha, kri-" actually it's probably easier if everyone just introduces themselves. Aaja baithja (Come sit)," he continued, making room for me to join them. I sat down hesitantly, wasn't this guy an absolute mess less than 10 hours ago? They all smiled at me as I took my place. There were 5 girls, including Shraddha, who flashed me a grin, and four other guys. They all looked roughly my age.

"Ok well you know me, I'm Varun Dhawan. I manage my dad's company and I'm the CEO of it, I'm 20." Varun stated casually. He looked at the girl sitting on his right expectantly. "Oh right, uh I'm Alia Bhatt, I'm 18 and well definitely not the CEO of anything, kinda just taking stuff one at a time. I live to party. Oh yeah, and I live with Shraddha and Dish" she said with a laugh.

"Hey, I'm Sushant... I'm also 20, I'm studying engineering right now, I love cricket, and I live with Mr. Kapur on the floor below," Sushant said, gesturing to a guy sitting opposite me.

"He's literally the smartest person ever," Shraddha chirped. Sushant shook his head as I laughed. "I'm Kritiii," the girl sitting next to Sushant said, "I study engineering too and I live with Kiara in the same building as the other girls, it's like a 2 minute walk from here. Onto Shraddhaji."

"Thank you Kritiji, the biggest hopeless romantic and simp in the world," Shraddha giggled, her eyes twinkling as everyone laughed. "You know me, we met last night. I'm Shraddha, I'm also 18, all of us girls are, and I'm studying psychology right now," she smiled.

"She's literally the whole group's therapist," said the girl next to me, and the others nodded in agreement. "Hey, I'm Kiara Advani, I'm studying to be a doctor, and I live with the simp," Kiara giggled. "She's also dating Sidddd," Shraddha teased. Kiara glared at her in response as I smiled. They all seemed really cool. The next guy started speaking. "Hey, I'm Aditya, or Adi, and I'm a model-" everyone wooed, laughing, and Adi rolled his eyes," shut up, I'm a model and I play the guitar,"

"And he's gay, he's been in love with me for a long time," Varun joked. Adi stuck the finger up at him, glaring. "You wish, Dhawan, you wish," he fired back. The last person, the girl next to me, began to speak. "Anyways if your flirting session if over you two, I'm Disha, also studying engineering, also 18, also live to party. Yeah that's pretty much me. So now it's your turn, Tiger, also please explain your name." I chuckled at her straight-forwardness.

"Okay well I'm Tiger Shroff, my name's not really Tiger, my dad just started calling me that when I was younger because I used to bite a lot and stuff. My real name is Jai. Also, I'm probably not going to remember all of your names for a while, so sorry. I moved to Mumbai from London yesterday because I got chosen for the Mumbai City FC and I missed India. I also love cricket, and well yeah. It's great to meet you all."

We ended up spending the day just talking and watching Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (classic bollywood film).

"Guys I'm hungry," whined Shraddha, lying down on Varun's lap.

"Of course you are, when are you not hungry Chirkut?" Varun responded with a snicker causing Shraddha to hit his arm.

"We should go to that new restaurant down the road," Kriti said excitedly, sitting up.

"Okay good idea, let's go get ready and meet there in like 30 minutes, what say?" Disha suggested. We all agreed and left to go get ready for dinner. 

Hey guys, how was the third chapter?

Which character do you like the most so far? Did you like the first glimpse of Sid and Kiara's relationship?

How do you like their friendship?

We don't really have an updating schedule yet, but the next chapter will be up soon!

This is our first book, so any feedback would be great!