Chapter 3: New House

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Michael, happy birthday to you! Wooooooo!" Ranboo and Tubbo clapped as they celebrated their son's first birthday. It was a year since they took him home and although it's been hard on them, they wouldn't have it any other way. They loved their son who spoke in a mixture of piglin and broken English. They loved their family.

Michael blew out his candles and Ranboo and Tubbo clapped again. "What did you wish for son?" Ranboo asked as he kneeled down holding one hand on Michael's shoulder.

Michael thought about it before answering, "truck." He oinked and Ranboo just smiled. He didn't like lying to his papa. He wished that was all that he wished for. Really what he wished for was answers. He wanted to know what happened that day. He wanted to know what his parents, his biological parents, did to make it so that they were unwanted. He wanted to know if it was his fault. He wished that they could come here and that all 5 of them could live together and be happy.

"Well Michael, we don't have a truck, but I think we got you the next best thing!" His dad jumped up and down as he gestured for Michael to take his hand. Michael took it and let his papa dress him up in warm clothes and together the family walked outside. It was cold but at least Michael was bundled up. They walked through the snow until it got too deep and Tubbo picked his son up to carry him the rest of the way. "Okay Michael we're almost there but you have to keep your eyes closed!" Tubbo pulled Michael's toque over his eyes.

Michael felt warmer after a couple of minutes and knew they went inside a building, but he kept his hat down. "Dad where going?" He asked reaching for his toque.

"You'll see.... Okayyy open your eyes!" Tubbo took the hat off. Michael opened his eyes to reveal a HUGE room, the same size as their house! There's a car bed against the left wall and a bunch of toys. Michael has never seen anything like it! He loved it. He oinked happily and ran to the bed to start jumping on it.

"Mine?" Michael asked hopefully.

"Yes it's all yours Michael. This is our new home." Ranboo said as he smiled at his son.

Home. A word that Michael hadn't really felt like he understood his entire life. He didn't know what it meant to have a home, but he's finally starting to realize as he looks at his adoptive family, home is not a place. It's people. He ran up to his fathers and hugged them. "I love."

"We love you too Michael, with all of our heart. Do you want to play with some toys? I was kidding about not getting you a truck." Tubbo said as he held up a toy truck which caused Michael to squeal happily and nod. Tubbo and him went to go play as Ranboo left to go settle the rest of the tab for their new home.

"It looks fantastic Foolish. Thank you so much for doing all of this."

"You're welcome. I hope that you all like it. And I really hope that you like that chandelier! It took forever and I was working on it and working on it for days-" he rambled.

"I know Foolish. You're amazing. You deserve every dollar you're getting." Ranboo passed over gold and diamonds, the last of his gold and diamonds actually, but it was worth it. Anything for his family. "Thank you Foolish. Have a safe trip home."

"Pleasure doing business with you Ranboo. Try not to get lost in the mansion!"

Ranboo sighed as he looked at what he had left. It wasn't much, but it should be enough to get them by while he was gone mining for a few weeks. He just hoped Tubbo would be okay.

Ranboo walked back into the house to see Michael and Tubbo playing with trucks and airplanes. He smiles at his husband and his son, knowing that he could never love anything more. He decided that now would be the best time to go pack for his trip, so he went upstairs to his bedroom thinking about how to say goodbye.