THREE.

Aaliyah POV🦋

"Oh My God, Matt you need to see this" I say pointing out to the television screen showing him the latest news. "It has been found that Quinn David was found dead yesterday morning in his house by his neighbours & allegedly committed suicide.

Suicide. What the actual fuck?

"So his dead dead?" I say out loudly trying to make sense of all this.

"Yeah, aren't you supposed to be happy? He literally made your life a living hell." Matt says to me as he takes the remote from my hand and changes to another channel.

"I mean, I guess so."

"But you don't seem to be glad his dead dead"

"No it's just weird, I never thought Quinn would ever kill himself. The Quinn I know would never do this to himself."

"Well clearly you didn't know him."

Mmhhh maybe.

You ever get that feeling in the pit of your stomach, where you feel like something bad is going to happen? Or I'm probably just overthinking it.

You know what, I should probably just be glad that I don't have to ever look behind my back everytime I go out, in fear that Quinn might be watching me & that I don't have to face him ever again.

"Anyways, I think I'ma go back to college next week. I've missed way too many classes. And I should find a job too, just so I can find an affordable apartment to stay in." I say changing the subject.

"A job for what? Aaliyah, you know you don't need to move out right?"

"Yeah I know, but I'm just so used to doing shit on my own, besides your girlfriend is moving in soon and I don't want to disturb you guys, you know."

"Aaliyah-"

"Matt, I'm grown. I'm freaking 20 years old so it's really no big deal."

"Bro, you ain't going nowhere...you can move out after you're done with college. But for now, you are staying here."

"Okay fine." I actually don't mind that. "And about Kassandra, she's moving in sooner than soon."

"Okayy when?"

"Tomorrow."

"Okay cool. And I hope she's a fine girl" I say just to erk him. "Nigga she's fine as fuck" he says raising his voice while describing how she is. "She's cool too, so don't worry you definitely gon' like her."

"Mmh" I say as I avert my attention to the screen.

Looking for the remote, I find it and decide to watch Netflix. YOU. I wish someone was as obsessed with me the way Joe was obsessed with Beck. Lmao.

"You and this crazy ass show" Matthew walks in the living room and sits on the couch. "Leave me alone" I say laughing as I throw the cushion on his face.

We sit and watch the show together for hours until I get tired & pass out on the couch.

"Matt? Where is he?" I say as I wake from my sleep and pick up my phone to check the time. It's already 9pm?!? Time went by so quick. I open my messages and see a text from Matthew.

BigBroMatt🐍❤️: I'm at Kassandra's house. Helping her pack her stuff I'ma be back soon.

: Why you ain't wake me up?😐

BigBroMatt 🐍❤️: Sorry, you looked so peaceful sleeping.😂

: Whatever. I guess I'll see you when you come back

BigBroMatt 🐍❤️: ✌🏾

I switch my phone off and drop it on the couch as I stand up and make my way into the kitchen. What should I make for dinner. Mac & Cheese? Nah thats going too take way too long. Ramen? No. I'ma just go with Mac & Cheese along with some steak.

I pull out all the ingredients I need to start cooking and put them on the counter. I decide to fetch my phone from the living room and connect my phone to the small JBL speaker to play some old school music. I love me some old school music, I'm definitely an old soul.

I play This Woman's Work by Maxwell. This song brings back so memories.

"Pray God you can cope-"
I'll stand outside
This woman's worth
This woman's world
Oh it's hard on a man
Now his part is over
Now starts the craft of the father
I know you've got a little life in you left
I know you've got a lotta strength left
I know you've got a little life in you left
I know you've got a lotta strength left
I should be cryin' but I just can't let it show
I should be hopin' but I can't stop thinkin'
All the things we should've said that are never said
All the things we should've done that we never did
All the things we should've given, but I didn't
Oh darlin', make it go
Make it go away

And as I am chopping these onions and singing along to the song, I hear a loud knock on the door which startles me a bit. I turn the volume down a little and walk to the door. "Who is it?"

"Ike"

Ike?

I open up the door and the man that helped me the other day is standing in front of me. "Uhm hi, Ike right?"

"Hey yeah"

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused and the thoughts in my head say his stalking me.

"Wait, you are Matthew's sister?" He asks and I nod my head in agreement. "What a small world" he says as he smiles a bit revealing his bright white teeth. "How do you know Matt?"

"Damn can you let me in, it's cold out here?" I open the door wider for him to get in and I close it once he gets in & lock it.

He takes a seat on the couch & takes out his phone from his back pocket jeans. "Are you gonna tell me how you know Matt or what"

"Oh yeah, Matt's my friend. He called me and told me to meet up at his house, his gonna be here in a few and told me his little sister will open up for me. Little did I know the little sister is you" he says looking at me.

" Well I'm making some mac & cheese? You want some?" I ask him. "Oh so that's why it's smelling good in here, yeah I definitely want some ma"

"Okay" I say smiling a bit and as I am about to walk back into the kitchen, I hear Ike talk again. "You need help?"

"Can you even cook?" I say with my right eyebrow raised and he starts laughing. "We'll see" he says and he walk off to the kitchen.

*****

"Wait so you're from Nigeria?" I ask Ike. "My name says it all" he says as he continues eating the food we just finished making together.

"Okay this steak is not that bad, I mean it could be better but I mean it's aight..."

"Stop playing with me" and I burst out in laughter.
It's weird how I'm here talking about my life and past experiences with someone I barely know. "So you telling me it's just you and Matt?"

"Yeah it's always just been the two of us for quite some while. But you know Matt went to prison so I had to do shit on my own" I felt myself start to get emotional so I changed the subject.

"But I mean it is what is. We move." I said getting up from the couch to put my plate in the sink. "Let me take your plate"

"Thanks. Damn, time is moving. Where the fuck is Matt?"

"His probabl-" and before I can finish my statement the door opens up. "Speak of the devil" I say as I see Matt get and with him is a girl I've never seen before.