Chapter 2

"Alexandria? Rick, it doesn't sound safe." Daryl said, worried.

"I already checked it out a little." Rick shrugged. "Are their any kids my age?" I asked. I'm fifteen so I don't see a lot of people my age.

"I haven't checked it out that much. I only went outside. It seems safe." Me and Daryl looked at each other again. "What do you think?" He whispered to me. I always got along with Daryl. He's a kid himself.

"It seems a little shady. There is no safe haven." I whispered back. "I taught you well." He looked at me. I smiled and nodded.

I was never the one to listen to Rick. He always blabbered about some safe place that wasn't really safe. We once had a camp where there was trees and a lake. It got overrun so we had to leave. Same with the prison. I miss the prison. It hopefully won't be long until we find another place like that. Maybe even, Alexandria.

We shortly walked up to a place that had walls all around. "Here we are." Rick said, smiling. "Rick, are you crazy?" Daryl said in a hushed whisper.

I shrugged and walked over to Rick. Daryl looked at me like I betrayed him. "We have some hope left." I shrugged, softly smiling. Daryl shrugged and walked over to the front gate. He knocked three times and backed away.

The gate slowly opened and we were greeted by a young man. "Who are you?" He asked, with a smile. "I'm Rick. This is my brother, Daryl, and my sister, Ashley." Rick smiled. I flashed a fake smile at the guy. "I'm Aaron." He said.

"Great. Can we come in?" I asked, crossing my arms. He nodded and let us walk in. Just like that? He doesn't even know who we are. I walked in, before my brothers and looked around. "Its so... peaceful." I smile. I like the place but, it's to peaceful.

"Uh... yeah. We like to keep it that way." He chuckled. I looked around and saw nobody. "We?" I questioned. He gave out a loud whistle and a whole bunch of people came out. "Hi." I smiled at them. I turned around to see Rick, on his knees smiling with tears in his eyes. "Rick, get u-" I got cut off when I saw a women holding a baby run over to him, followed by a teenager. I recognized her. "Lori?" I questioned.