Chapter 1

A/N

This is a flashback while she's in her coma.

_____________________

Isolated, just the way she liked it. Nobody else went into the extra room. It was built for no reason. When Rosemary Academy was built, the builders made a mistake and built an extra room (which was not paid for) which was too small to be a classroom, therefore everyone just discarded it, like it was nothing. To Autumn, it was everything.

She loved the idea of being alone (unlike most 16 year olds), with nobody to judge her or make her feel small. In that room, she was the person she wanted to be. She used all her spare money to renovate the room to make it look better. Paint, furniture, posters, pictures, anything. It all made her feel like herself. This was the one place she felt like that.

During breaks and lunch she would go into her special room and just be free. She would paint, read, write, sing, dance, act or just do homework. This was her sanctuary; she loved it more than home.

The only contact she had had with other students was during lessons or through the large window that was connecting the room to the school. She could see everything through there. However, she closed the blinds all the time so nobody could see her.

Every day that she walked into school was like walking into her own little universe. One Thursday she decided to leave the safety of the room to see what events were going on at school.

As she walked to dull corridors, she saw signs all over about the school musical. Bright posters with a huge picture that read:

Love life

 Be a part of this year’s musical based on teenage love lives.

 Auditions will be held in the theatre on Thursday 11th December

 Girls:

Taylor, Jessica, Georgia, Bethany, Tabatha, Becky, Fatima

Boys:

Jake, Ben, Dib, Michael, James, Harry, Kenady

As Autumn read the date for auditions her eyes lit up. This was her chance to be social and to be on stage. A look of shock crossed her face when she realised that the auditions were tonight. If she was going to audition then she had to practise a lot during the day.

“Look, a new girl.” She heard a voice behind her. When she turned around, she saw who the voce came from.

Leo Row.

__________________

Sorry it's really short but all of my chapters are short so I might try to lengthen them out.