Chapter 1 : first sight

Everything seems so different . The walls , the bed , the windows , even the air , i felt like i couldn't breath nor move . It was something new to me , well i've experienced something similar but not like this at all .
They said it's normal since i have a fucking lung cancer but i can't comprehend , i always ask myself
Why me? Why do i have to be sick ? Why can't i be a normal kid, well a teenager actually ? , all these whys can't stop hunting me on an everyday basis .
I was caught off from my thoughts when i heard a knock on the door , after a second it opened slightly revealing my mom's tired figure .
"Shay it's mom can i come in?" Mom was right behind the door with a sad smile on her face , her cheeks were bright red , i could tell she was crying from her sparkling teary eyes .
"Yeah of course , i'm wide awake and alive though" i teased to lighten up her mood a bit .
"Oh honey , i just came to check on you about half an hour ago and you were peacefully sleeping so i did't want to bother you "
"Oh" i said , she took a step further and closed the door behind her , she grabbed a chair from the corner of the room and placed it right beside my hell of an uncomfortable bed .
"So baby how are you feeling now?" Mom asked with a worried expression on her face .
"Fine , way better actually " i just lied to comfort her , i wasn't feeling that good at all plus i don't remember what happened to me to be lying in a hospital bed at the first place , so i was having an inner battle whether to ask mom or not .
" Umm mom!" I said and placed a hand on her shoulder .

"Yeah hun do you want something ?"

"Mom.. I just wanted to ask you why i'm here ??" I finally spoke causing her to frown as if she was collecting her thoughts .
"Last night .. We were having dinner at Sara's house , and everything was okay ,all of a sudden you started crying and jumping and you said that you couldn't breath like if someone was suffocating you ,, we didn't know what to do we were all panicked , so i took my phone and called 911 , before their arrival you blacked out and then the ambulance came and took you to the hospital "
"Oh my gosh " I'm shocked , wow i wasn't expecting all of this at all "i don't remember anything mom "
"It's okay babe " she smiled nodding her head . "what matters is that you're okay now " she stood up from the chair placing a kiss on my cheek " oh and Shay Dr.Johnson will come to check on you in a while " she told me before exiting the room .
I looked at the ceiling thinking about about last night trying to remember something ,anything but nothing come out so i decided to sleep ,as i was adjusting my pillow , i heard footsteps coming towards my room and the door flews open ,as i came into view with a tall guy with gorgeous looking blue eyes and dark brown hair . " Hey Ms.James you look good today , i just come to let you know that you're free to leave by the afternoon " he said while looking through a bunch of documents in his hands .
I was so blown by his amazing looking figure , it like if he's from out of space , a beauty that i've never seen before .
"Ms.James did you hear me ?!" He asked stoping me from my daydreaming . "Yeah sorry i.... never mind i'm just tired i heard you though " i said while looking through his sea blue eyes .
" So young lady i will leave now , your parents are waiting for you outside " he said before closing the door behind him .
................................................................
The ride to my house was pretty boring , dad was driving , mom in the passenger seat , me and my younger brother Chris at the back seat . I was looking through the window and all i was thinking about is HIM .