Chapter Seventeen

|Ryuu Kane|

As he walked behind the group his mismatched eyes glanced all around, making sure his “Master” is safe and no one is out there to attack them. ‘Kurogane will surely come and will try to capture me for betraying them,’ Kane thought. ‘You have to be strong for your rightful rulers, young one,’ a deep, accent voice said in his mind. ‘Who’s there? Who are you?’ Kane asked. ‘Let’s just say I am one of Akane-sama’s dragons; you may as well call me Kioshi,’ the voice said. Kane was surprised by this and glanced at Akane, ‘Why are you talking to me and not to her?’ Kane thought. ‘You have something that will help out my Master; Naka Kane you are the last Nakajima Clan member,’ Kioshi said. ‘I’m not a Nakajima; I’m a—,’ ‘No, you are a Nakajima; your clan was murdered the day you were born by the Naka Clan that is the reason why you were mistreated because you bare the Nakajima Kekkei Genkai; you never learned how to deactivated; that is why your eyes are mismatched,’ Kioshi said.

Kane was shocked and surprised that he stop in his tracks; Kane noticed Akane stopped in her tracks as well and stood beside him. “I will teach you how to deactivate your Kekkei Genkai,” she said. “You know?” Kane asked surprised. “I can hear your conversation with my Spirit Dragon; we all are connected if one of my dragons speak to non-Ryuu member,” Akane said. “Your secret of being a Nakajima is safe with me once you learned how to deactivate your eyes,” Akane said and continued to walk. “Can you teach me now?” Kane asked timidly. Akane nods her head and stares at me, “All you have to do is to concentrate on the Chakra that is built on your eyes; once you concentrated on that all you have to do is push it back to your pit of the stomach,” Akane said.  

Kane nodded his head and focused; closing his eyes, he saw the red and blue chakra burning around his eyes. Kane saw it moving towards his stomach and until he was sure there was no more chakra around his eyes, Kane opened them. “You have beautiful eyes Kane,” Akane said with a smile. He watched her reached into her kunai pouch and pulled out a mirror. “Here have a look,” she said. Seeing his reflection in the mirror made him gasp in shock; he saw the same brown, spiky face-length hair, but his eyes; oh Kami, his eyes are bright violet eyes.

|Ryuu Akane|

Akane, Naruto and Kane settled under a tree while Jiraiya does “research” around the small town. Akane slowly closes her eyes and relaxed until Naruto shouted, “Argh! WHY CAN’T I DO MASTER THIS JUTSU?!” Akane’s eyes shot open and pushed Naruto out of the way; kunais embedded itself against the base of the tree trunk. “MASTER!!” the violet eyed boy shouted. “Did you hear that? He said “Master”,” a taunting voice spoke. Akane stood up and took a protective stance in front of Kane and Naruto while Naruto took his fighting stance along with Kane; ready to defend their friend – or in this case Master for Kane.

“SHOW YOUR SELF!!” Kane shouted. Akane’s dark eyes darken with pleasure when she saw it was the Sound Four. “My, my, the Sound Four what a pleasant surprise,” Akane said with a lick to her lips. Shuddering Naruto stepped back and Kane noticed, “If I were you I will do the same,” Naruto said getting one of those intellect moments. Kane followed his movements and took a step back. Akane smirked evilly at the Sound Four and took a step forward, “I see you got another piece of twig for me to break and make fire with,” Akane said. Tayuya glared harshly at her while gripping onto her flute tightly.

Naruto poked Akane’s back causing Akane to tensed slightly, “It seems you four will live—for now,” Akane said as she grabbed Naruto’s and Kane’s hand and disappeared. They reappeared in front of a frantically looking Jiraiya as he ran out of the sentō. Akane shakes her head, “Now we have to look in at the other town for another inn and probably tie down Jiraiya,” Akane mumbled to herself but Naruto and Kane heard her and nodded in agreement. “Come kids, quickly!!” Jiraiya said running past them as dust invaded their eyes.