*Dear Rory*

"She's battling things her smile will never tell you about."

~Jonny Ox

Alone. I may say that I want to be alone. I may be abrupt and rude, but that's because you can't get attached to those who hate you. It is better to be hated than broken, right?

Netherlands 1170

I found him. I found him at last. My darling Kane, or Rory in this lifetime, was here. As we walked along the gorgeous scenery of the ocean and peaceful sounds of the waves, Rory had me tucked under his arm in a loving embrace.

"I can't wait to take you home, my kitten. I have everything we could possibly need; land, livestock, crops, and a sturdy hut," he rambled, making me giggle. He was always trying to impress me, it was sweet that he thought he wasn't good enough for me. He says that a simple farmer like him doesn't deserve a queen like me, but he is a king in my eyes. This is what I need, a humble life, away from the impending doom, the clawing insanity, and murderous Charter. Maybe this is the life we finally get to just live.

"My hound, all I need is you and your heart and I can be the happiest woman in the realms. Even Joyceia can't remake what I feel for you, you are all I need, and all I'll ever need," I say, looking up at him. His tar black hair was shaved on the sides with a long braid down the middle, and circling around his perfect lips was a wild beard that ticked my face when he gave me kisses. The imposing size and width of his shoulders and arms was magnificent and drowns me in warmth. But the one thing that has always remained the same every lifetime, was his mesmerizing embers. The dancing orange, yellow, and red that swirled in his eyes always took my breath away. They mimicked the flames of the Hells, deadly and beautiful.

"Then you will have that and more," he replies with a dashing smile. Rory then stops me in front of a delightful cottage surrounded by sheep and goats. Growing out of the wooden panels of the roof were magical looking flowers that sparkled and dazzled in the sun. There was magic here. I turn to him with ecstatic smile.

"I love it," I whisper, tears coming to my eyes. I had my soulmate with me, a magical home to share with him, and a future that has yet to come.

"And I love you," he says, leaning down and giving me a loving kiss.

I should have known that chaos doesn't get happiness.

Rory jerked back and howled in pain. I whirl around to see a squadron of men in deep blue and grey robes. My eyes widen in realization.

"Rory," I breathe out. Running back to Rory's side I see a black arrow lodged in his ribs.

"No, no, no, no," I cry. Not again.

"I'm fine, Kitara," he soothes, wincing slightly. But I knew was not.

"Rory, this is demon bone. It kills everything, slowly and painfully," I yell, the rage simmering under my skin. I heard the footsteps of the men.

"Friday, the Charter has come to repay the debt," one of the men droned. It's always the same line, every single time.

"I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE!" I scream. But they just kept coming closer.

"My love, you need to go. They've come for you," Rory pleads weakly, the malicious poison slithering to his heart.

"No, I'm not leaving you," I cry.

"Please! Let me save you one last time." Sorrow clear in his eyes. I caress his face, feeling is rough cheek, wiping away a single tear away with my thumb.

"Not this time, my hound." I give him a sad smile before I stand and walk to the bastards in grey.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT?!" I growl. I let the rage and darkness consume me, making me the monster that I really am. Storm clouds darkened around us, thunder booming and lighting crackling, the sky pouring down another ocean on top of thrashing one next to us.

"YOU WANT THE MONSTER? YOU WANT THE BROKEN PROMISE?"

They fought against the wind and rain. Black tar and green smoke leaked out of my skin, my eyes glowing a fierce gold. I look at them and threw my hands to the ground, the chaos magic colliding with the earth, causing it to crack and shake.

"Now you got her," I say with a wicked smile.

Ripping my hands up, the ground tore up and exploded underneath the group of Charter men.

"So cocky, little one," said a filthy voice. I snap my head around to see Wisden Morse, with soulless grey eyes, and a painfully familiar blade at Rory's neck.

"Please, leave us be. I have nothing left for you or Basal. I beg you," I plead.

"Oh, but you do. Thou shall forever be the Broken Promise," he chanted as he slid the horride blade along the neck of my love.

"NO!!!!" My voice held such raw anger and distraught that the world around me seemed to erupt with my sorrow. The wind howled and the ocean exploded.

The power was building and building, pleading to be released again. But it never got a chance. An icey pain shot through my chest. I look down and saw the twisted blade, covered in my inky blood. The tainted taste of copper and death filled the back of my throat, climbing up to my mouth. I could feel the stone climbing my toes and fingers, iching to drag me back to the depths of emptiness.

"Usually I see the light leave their eyes, but in yours, there isn't any there to lose," he whispers, amusement clear in his solid ash eyes. "I will see you again, Friday."

Then he slides the blade out, letting me fall to my knees. He starts to walk away when I use my fading strength, I let the sea erupt, swallowing him into its depths. And as I lay there dying, next to my soulmate, I closed my eyes while both the sea and the stone claimed my body. My last dying thought was, I'll always be alone.

~Friday O'Lucky