2:birthday

I held onto the cake box and bag as I knocked at the front door. Today was a very important day for my boyfriend. It was his 18th birthday. He was finally an adult, and boy (Well now man) he was excited. It was like he was a 4-year-old, excited to get that toy he's always wanted.

When the door opened, a smile quickly grew on his face. "You here!" He chirped. I let out a small smile and waved, almost dropping the cake in the process. "Woah! Don't drop it." He told me. My boyfriend took the cake out of my hands, placed it down, and held open the door. "C'mon in babe."

I stepped in to the smell of pumpkins exploding through the house. "Isn't it December? Why are you still in pumpkin fever?" I joked. He merely chuckled in response and wrapped his arms around me.
"Mm, well, you know I love my pumpkins. Just like I like pumping-" he tried saying.

"Just because you are birthday boy, doesn't mean you're going to be able to get your present early~" I put my hand up. He let out another laugh and grabbed my hand again. "C'mon, let's have some cake."

"Just don't get too full on the cake, ok?" I teased. His face went a little pink as he let out a smirk, making me laugh instead of my giggly partner.

We both sat down as I opened the box to reveal the chocolate cake. It had cherries laced around the sides and in white frosting the words "happy birthday Makato" around a heart. "Stunning as always, babe." He told me. "Why thank you." I curtsied down. My boyfriend pulled out a lighter, turned out the lights and lit the candle placed in the heart.

Both of us gathered around the cake, sitting down at the dining table.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." He replied. Makato blew out the candle and kissed me. His lips grew into a small smile as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

The candle lit back on in this kiss, but all he did was reach out his hand and put it out with his thumb, turning the room pitch black again.

And only we know what happened next...