Saving Call

Rachel's POV

Where the hell is Liam Payne? Where the hell is Liam Payne? What the hell Liam Payne?

The elevator dings and he comes bolting out.

"It's locked isn't it."

I nod.

"God dammit. ALAINA!"

"I'll call the police."

"Fine. I'll try to bust in while you wait."

He starts slamming the door. I run downstairs and call the police.

Liam's POV

"ALAINA!"

slam

"IM COMING!"

slam

I can hear the door cracking. Just one more. I run full force and Tyler opens the door. I crash onto the couch, thank god. I pounce up and run for Alaina. She's in the corner crying. Her top is off, but she has everything else on. She's curled up crying. I whip around to find Tyler behind me. He goes to hit me in the face but I block him. I push him back and he slams over an end table. He breaks a vase as he falls over. Then he comes at me with one of the pieces. I twist his arm, but the stupid wrestler is pretty strong. I run to the fire escape.

"Running out so soon?" He says with a smirk.

He runs at me and I get him out the window and lock it. I run back to Alaina. She's in the same spot, crying even more. I wrap my arms around her and cradle her. I start crying myself. She looks up at me.

"Did he..."

"No."

I look at her face closer. She's badly bruised.

"What did he hit you with?"

"The phone in the kitchen and his hands multiple times."

"I'll kill him."

She puts her hands on my cheeks.

"No you won't."

"Alaina-"

She kisses me.

"Thank you." She says fighting her tears.

Rachel runs in seconds later with the police. She grabs Alaina a shirt. The policemen offer to carry her out, but she insists I do. I cradle her in my arms and carry her out the door. They caught Tyler. He couldn't figure out how to get down the fire escape. When we get outside I'm reminded that its 4pm. The managers meeting was scheduled to end at 5. I'm not going back there, yet. When we get outside I can really see Alaina's face. One cheek is bruised and has a cut on it from the phone bashing her face. They take her to the hospital to be checked out. I can't go, though. I have to give my witness of the incident. They take me down to the station, I tell them what I know, and rush to the hospital. Rachel is there, crying. I sit down next to her.

"Is she..."

"Dead? God no. It was just so scary."

"Yeah."

"Thank you." She mumbled.

"What?"

"Thank you."

"Oh. You're, uh welcome."

"I'm serious. She is my best friend. It's just so terrible. She's too amazing to be treated like that."

"Yeah she's awesome."

"I'm happy someone else realized that."

"What do you mean?"

"She's always gotten with the wrong guys. All of them have hurt her. All of them try to come back. Tyler just went Alaina crazy."

"Oh."

"Yeah he was a douche. You seem way better. Sort of like you want to save her and protect her."

"I do."

"She needs that."

It got quiet and then Alaina came out. She had a bandage on her cheek. I ran up to her and hugged her. She whispered my name. I could tell she was holding back tears. "Go see Rachel." I whispered. She smiled at me and ran over to Rachel. Then she pulled me into a group hug. We were all safe.