Helping Maggie and Mom

Alaina's POV

I drive up to the big house. I can't wait to fix it up. They've wanted this house since they were married, but could never afford it. Now, with his new job, they could finally move in. Right now, we had to focus on fixing it up. It needed a new windows, doors, well pretty much everything besides the concrete. They already put in new walls and a new roof. I walk in and find mom opening paint cans.

"Hey sweetie" she calls.

"Hey mom. Ready to start?"

"Yep! Why don't you start in the kitchen, and I'll start in the living room."

"Okay!" I say and we're off.

I start painting and get a big glop on my jeans. I scape it off and continue to paint. I laugh. Harry and Lou would be having a paint war right now. Me and Liam would have to split it up. In the process we'd get involved and then my mom would come and yell at us and we'd quietly go back to work holding back our laughs. I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks out of the 5 months. The girls and I aren't allowed to start visiting until next month. I think about seeing him and shake the thought. I keep painting and my mom comes in.

"Thinking about Liam?"

"What no" I say and she laughs.

"You'll see him soon. Don't worry."

"I know. I know. Right now I'm painting master. How's it look?"

"Perfect." She says with a smile. I finish the last spot and Maggie walks in.

"Hey gorgeous." I say.

"Sup chump." She says.

"Nothing much. How do you like the kitchen?"

"Looks great, but I think it's missing something. Like the fridge, and everything else."

"I meant the walls."

"Yeah I was just messing with you."

"So how did you get here?"

"My, uh, friend gave me a ride."

"Oh, your, uh, friend, uh." I say teasing.

"Yeah. My friend."

"Your boyfriend!"

"I wish." She mumbles.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Lets go get some early dinner."

"Fine. Mom! You want to go to dinner with me and Mags?"

"Nah. I'll go on a dinner date with your father later."

Mags squishes her nose. It's the face she always does when she thinks about romance. I laugh.

"C'mon. Lets go get some pizza."

Her eyes light up and I laugh. I drive to the pizza place me and Liam went to. I walk in and strangely enough, Mags picks the booth where me and Liam sat.

"You know. They have great pizza." I say.

"Let me guess, you and Liam went here."

"Yep."

"Did I pick the booth?"

"Yep."

"Ewww."

"Oh shut up. So, whose this boy you like?"

"His name is Finn. He's just someone whose nice to me. After the American experience, everyone calls me a hick."

"Oh, well at least you have Finn. Who are these girls that call you hick?"