Chapter 7

Hyun-Kai

I walk through the hallways of the dorm hall till I get to my room, 301. I collapse tiredly onto the couch. My phone lights up and I check only to find a text from Emerson. Hey, just wanted to make sure this is you. It's Em by the way. I roll my eyes, groan, and leave him on read. I can only handle so much socializing a day. A pale boy with fluffy black hair and highlights with accents of red comes walking out of the kitchenette.

"Hey, you want some Japchae? It's freshly made" Hae says showing it off with pride. Chin-Hae is my roommate, he has been since my freshman year of college. He is one of the only loud people I can actually stand. The thing is that he respects my quietness. So he is more relaxed around me.

"Who let you cook," I said smirking

"Uh, I did!"

"Last time you almost burned down our kitchen. You're lucky I was there to save it." Hae has never been good at cooking. I have been teaching him over the past years because he almost burned down the entire dorm complex trying to make microwavable ramen. We got kicked out of Haven Dorms fast. The sad part is that those were like the new dorms. So, we moved into this dorm in the District 9 housing, which is a total downgrade but it's whatever.

He stalks over to me and grabs my hands to pull me up. I go limp in his arms jokingly.
"Yah, stand up." He yells.

"But Hyung, I don't want to. Carry me!" I pout. I was only joking but this dude threw me over his shoulders and carried me to the dining table. He sets me down gently in a chair. Hae Hyung and I have always had an interesting relationship. He's straight and I'm straight as well. But we like to joke around like we're a couple I guess you could say that we are. Trust me it's platonic. It used to be just a joke because people wouldn't leave the poor boy alone. So he made me pretend that I was his "boyfriend." Once that was over we kind of just joked about it afterward. So he calls me "honey" and I call him "baby." It's odd, but I don't mind it.

We ate quietly but Hae got up saying he had to finish homework. I bid my goodbyes, knowing he will be in his room for the rest of the night. I cleaned our dishes off because Chin-Hae doesn't like to clean up after himself. I finished up my homework quickly. Honestly, I don't even care if it's right or not. I'm mentally drained. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pull it out and check it only to find that Emerson texted me again. I sighed again and just decided to text him. Hey, um yeah it's me. My room number is 301 by the way. Please bring popcorn and any other snacks you want. Btw, what movie should we watch? I didn't even get to set my phone down before it buzzed again. Sounds good. I'll bring candy. Ummm... we should watch Frozen 2. I haven't watched it yet, but I heard it's good. What college boy watches Disney movies? Well, Hae does but he's a different story. I give in though, I really don't want Yuhna to kill me right now. That sounds great to see you at 6 pm okay :). I set my phone down on my nightstand. Well, this will be fun. I slowly drift asleep. Emerson was in all my dreams that night.

Emerson, what are you doing to me?