Chapter 7

Gogo was the best, she didn't deserve to be lied to. I did sleep like a baby but I wish I never slept that night, I still hate a phone because of that incident. I didn't mean to, he wasn't meant to die. I loved him. My husband came back very early in the morning, I wasn't expecting him. My phone rang and I was deep in my sleep. He tried to wake me up, by the time I opened my eyes it was too late. He knew what I had done. I was so sorry.

Shakes called, he thought that I was the one who answered the phone. He put it on loudspeaker and he spilled the beans. He talked about how Princess was too weak to get through the month and something had to be done before the king got to us. He hated me, he really did. I still remember the look he gave me, the hate in his eyes. He knew that I was not Princess, I've never seen him that angry. He could've killed me if he was a murderer.

"Where is my wife?" he asked furiously. "I...I...Don't tell anyone I will leave." I cried. "Where is my wife? What have you done?" he asked. He was so angry , he was ready to kill a person but his heart couldn't take it. Princess was right, he was breathing heavily when he told me that I've dug myself a deep hole and I will never be able to get out of it. Guess what, he was right. I am running away from shadows and voices. He went down, fell and I screamed for help.

I was wrong but I didn't want him to die, I loved him. I thought that those were his last words but the paramedics were able to arrive in time and rush him to the hospital. There was nothing I could do but to cry. I didn't want the truth to come out and I also wanted him to live. It had to be me or him but I truly loved him. I had to wait for him to wake up and expose me, I couldn't take his life ...I was not that cruel.

I was ready to go down but he decided to sleep forever. My husband was dead and I killed him indirectly, I was in pain. I blamed myself and yes, I had to, it was my fault. "No! He is not dead," I cried. "I am so sorry, we did all we could to try to save him but the damage was too much. I am so sorry for your loss," the doctor said.

I cried my heart out, that hurt me so much, I can't deny it. I was broken.

Princess was informed that her husband was dead. She had to at least mourn for him. This time I cried with her, I was way too weak to even control my voice so she knew that it was me. Her sister kidnapped her and killed her husband. Who was next? She cried like a baby but I never meant for things to end that way.

People thought that the meeting he went to that day affected his heart because there were serious arguments that took place that night. People blamed themselves and there was nothing I could do. I was kind of relieved that the truth was not coming out but I was broken. The only person who showed me what love is, was dead. He was never coming back.

I couldn't sleep for the first 48 hours because I saw him whenever I tried to close my eyes. I could still feel his cologne ,I even moved out of the room. He was buried with dignity. I couldn't handle everything so I ended up collapsing. "Where am I?" I asked

"Don't worry, you are in good hands. The doctor will be here in a few," the nurse replied. The doctor? In a few minutes? The doctor arrived as well as my cousins. "How are you feeling?" Carol asked. "Um...am feeling heavy, I am tired," I replied.

"That's normal, you have to be. Congratulations! You are ten weeks pregnant. I am certain that your husband will be elated." "My husband? No!" I cried. I killed my baby's father, I wasn't happy. I was a bad person. My child was going to grow up without a father like I did just because I was jealous of my sister. What would I tell him or her? Where would I begin? All I could do at that time was to cry.

Finally, I went home but it didn't feel like a home anymore. The person who made it feel like a home was gone and everyone was just fussy about everything. I was ready to give up but my unborn baby kept me going. Weeks passed and I was close to achieving my dreams, his death opened many doors for me. The royal council appointed me to step in as a queen until my sister's son becomes old enough. It was my time to shine and open new doors.

I would not only be know for being the king's wife. Princess's leadership certificate also came to my rescue. I no longer visited her, I had better things to do. I mean being responsible for everyone in the village. Imagine! Everything happens for a reason. I forgot about my husband's death, I was ready to take on the world. I put on my big smile and constantly reminded myself that Princes was the one to be blamed. She made me become the human being I was, her husband's blood was in her hands. The royal council announced the news to the family, I expected them to take the whole news in a bad way but they didn't.

They had every right to want a family member to step in but they were happy for me. They knew how I cared about him besides I had the brains for it. That made things easy for me.