Chapter 10

It was the next day of me waiting to be locked away, I won't lie , the waiting killed me. I became so jumpy, I prepared myself as soon as I heard a knock on the door. I know what I did was wrong but my unborn baby did nothing. I was passing Princess's room when I heard gogo talking to her about not getting me arrested. I was hoping that she would hear her out.
“Princess, please put yourself in your sister’s shoes. She wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for you. You pushed her and now you want to throw into the den of wolves,” gogo said. “What do you want me to do? To give her a round of applause? Put myself in her shoes? Put yourself in mine, she doesn't deserve to be here, she is a harm to all of us and I can't take that risk. You said I pushed her, Is this what she's going to do whenever she is hurt? We've all been hurt and she is not a princess,” said Princess. She did say it and it was fine.
“How can you talk about your sister that way? You are sisters for heaven's sake. Try to meet her halfway…”
“Halfway? Did she meet me? Do you know how many times I begged her to let me go, to give me a slice of bread? Sofia is the last person to be forgiven, I lost my husband because of her, I lost months with my son because of her. She slept with my husband, she killed him and now she is pregnant. What am I supposed to say? You must be drunk if you think am letting this one go,” she laughed. “You are talking to me like that,” granny asked.
“Do yourself a favour and stay out of my way or I will also get you arrested.” She said.  I had no choice but to get out of my hiding place. “No, Princess you can't be talking to gogo that way, this woman was there for you throughout. The least she deserves is respect. We are angry but I did all those things,” I shouted.
“Don't confuse me with you. She was there for you, not me. Where was when I was locked in that tiny room that was smelling blood? Where was she when my husband was being killed? Where was she when you fed my kid with lies? Where was she?” Princess asked.
She had the right to be furious, I had given up, nobody could change her mind. We all went silent, I was speechless , gogo was shocked and Princess was hurt.
I was the one who was wrong, I was always wrong. Nothing seemed well with me, I blamed my mom for having me and my father for raping her. It was a cycle, he went to jail and I was also going there. The question was whether I was going to survive or not. “Princess, I hear you I don't blame you. You have every right to be mad at me. I should've notice something but please think about this innocent child,” gogo said.
“Wasn't my child innocent? He needed me but Sofia, being the queen decided that I was not good enough for him. My child didn't get a chance to bond with his  mother so don't be mad,” Princess replied. “You can't be speaking like that, I loved Mulweli and I still do.” “Well, you should've saved  that love for that bastard of yours. You came for me and now, you have to face the music,” Princess said.
I had enough of her insults so I left. I had a lot of stress and my child couldn't handle it. I loved him and wanted to bear his kids but the timing was wrong. Princess wanted revenge and I had no strength left to fight so I let her be. She went to the police station to open a case  against me.
Yes! I kidnapped her and killed her husband  indirectly , everyone knew that so I had no choice but to plead guilty. I was going to jail and I was taking my unborn baby with me. I tried to plead with Princess to forgive me but she didn't want to hear it. My sister had me arrested and my mom didn't even turn in her grave.
It was time to say my goodbyes to Gogo, I couldn't face Mulweli and I didn't owe the rest of the family anything. They didn't like me and I also didn't like them. We owed each other nothing. “I am so sorry that things had to come to this for you to know the truth, I know that you are not evil and you never meant to harm your sister,  jealousy ruled over you. I hope that you will give me the baby after giving birth,  I know that your sister is still upset but she loves you so she will take care of the kid,” granny said.
“It's not your fault, Princess shouldn't  have sold me those dreams. Everyone may see me as the wrong one but she knows what she did and she will pay for it,” I said. “I thought that you wanted peace between the two of you, what are you trying to say?” she asked. “Nothing…what can I do? I am talking about karma. It will deal with her.”
“Don't worry, all you have to do is to plead guilty and get the shortest sentence then you will be able to come home and give your daughter the best present ever,” she said.
“You know that she will hate me, for not being there , for missing her birthdays and missing the important days in her life so you think coming back will be the best present ever? You said that Princess is my sister and I shouldn't have done that to her, you said that she loves me, then why isn't she saving me? Why isn't she saving her?” I cried. The madam entered the room and caused havoc like always, she really was testing me.
“Did you save him when he was dying? Your child is innocent so was my husband. There are always  casualties in a war and you are to be blamed for this one. Don't even try to act holy,” she shouted. “But I am your blood,” I cried. “So today you know  that you are my blood? I begged you Sofia, I apologized as many times as I could but no, that wasn't enough. You wanted me dead, only God knows what could've happened if Shakes didn't save me,” she cried like always.
“You do like acting innocent, right? You started all of this, I wouldn't have done that if it wasn't for you , you pushed me. You like being the Princess that everyone loves, everything that you do before everyone is never wrong. I am always the wrong one, the unchosen one, well you started this and I will be the one to finish it. I am tired of begging you, I said sorry and it is enough. Get me arrested , it's fine but this is far from over!” I shouted and stormed out of the room.