Chapter 9

Emma's pov:

Me and Riv enter the school and I feel that she is getting nervous. I rub her back letting her know I'm right by her side. She looks at me and I feel her body loosen up. "You can go. You don't always have to be right by my side." she says. She has me so confused. "But I want to be by your side." I tell her. She gives me a little smile and nods. I don't know what goes on in that head of hers but it's surely something she's insecure about.

River's pov:

Fuck did I really just say that. Why did I let that slip out. She looks so confused by me. Why do I do this every single time. "But I want to be by your side." she says to me. I don't know if that is meant in a "I am your friend so I want to hang with you" or "I want you but I don't tell you" way. For me well the second. I just smile and nod at her. That is the most weurd reaction ever. Jesus I need to get out of this. "I'm going to the bathroom real quick." I tell her already walking away. Fuck fuck fuck. I made that so weird for me and for her.

On my way to the bathroom I bump into someone. I look up and see my okd philosophy teacher. "Sorry didn't see you there." I say. She gives me a smile and walks away. That's weird normally she always greets me. I drop it and enter the bathroom. The moment I enter all these popular girls start looking at me in a disgusted way. I shake it off and enter a stall. After a few minutes I think they forgot I was in here because they start talking about me. "Have you heard that River is a lesbian." one of them starts. "Yeah Noah told me." another one says. Noah is Emma's boyfriend. "Yeah and apparently she moved in with her best friend because she ran away from home." they half whisper. This is the last straw. I pick up my bag and walk out of the stall. They all look at me in chock. "What you looking at?" I say in an annoyed tone. They look away and start talking about something else. I storm through the halls searching Emma. I reach her and pull her outside with me.

"Why the fuck did you tell your idiotic boyfriend that I'm gay. I did not give you consent to tell anyone. And still you go and tell people." I say trying to keep my voice low. "First of all I didn't tell anyone that you're gay. second of all what does Noah have to do with this." She says. "Oh so your Perfect little boyfriend Noah doesn't know that I'm gay from you. And went to tell those fucking popular girls." I tell her trying to remain calm. "No I wouldn't tell anyone something you said I can't tell." She says. "Well then who does he know it from." I ask her almost losing my shit. "Your parents told my mom and maybe my mom said it to his parents. And that is why he knows." She says calmly. "Well go ask your little boyfriend it and tell him to stop spreading it." I say and walk away from her. I start running and leave school not wanting to see anyone. When I finally stop running I burst into tears, falling to the ground. I sit there just crying until someone taps my shoulder. I look up at the person nodding. "Yeah I'm fine." I tell them. "You sure?" They ask. I nod wiping my tears. I stand up giving her a small smile and walking back to were I came from.

Me and Emma haven't talked to each other since I confronted her. I went back to her house and talked to her parents for a little. I'm now laying down on the couch in the living room when I hear the door open. I hear two voices, one is Emma's voice and the other one is a boy voice. Oh no not that little shithead of a Noah. I try to hide myself not wanting them to see me. I sit there until I hear footsteps going up the stairs. I look up and see them reaching the top of the stairs. I start to feel tears building up in my eyes again.