Chapter 2 | We need more help

"So that didn't go well," Hoagie says, placing an ice pack on his head. "Look like he was pretty much prepared and knew what we were going to do."

"Guys, as much as I don't want to do this...why don't we just get Katlyn? He used Sheryl as a distraction. We can use her." Bob said. 

Everyone in the room agrees. 

"Let's go get back up and our secret weapon." 

(time skip)

A woman is walking down the street, a gym bag slung over her shoulder. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a messy bun, bouncing as she walked. Usually, she would walk home with her earphones in, but not in May. She couldn't risk it. She hears a noise as she was walking. She stops to quickly look around but just shakes it off as her imagination. But as she continues to walk she sees smoke and smells someone smoking. Instantly, a smile appears on her face. 

"Hey Chilli." 

Chilli comes from behind the tree, a small smile though showing he was slightly scared. 

"Who's it?" she asks, getting herself ready to run if she had to. 

"I am." I voice behind her says and she recognizes their voice to be Bob. 

She throws her gum bag at him, causing him to grunt. She then runs in Chilli's direction and he tries to grab her but she slides under him. As she runs away from him, she hears another voice. Sable. Looks like everyone is here. She thinks she continues to run. She found a tree and uses it to propel herself and does a backflip over Sable, causing everyone to gasp and stare in awe. She takes off again and finds an old fire ladder. She pulls it down and starts climbing it. Running up the stairs that led off the ladder, she uses the railing as a booster to jump from that building to another building. 

"Why is it that you and Jerry always go to the extreme to get away," Hoagie says, slightly out of breath.

"It's called wanting to keep a perfect record and you boys certainly can't talk about going to the extreme," she replies, a smile on her face. 

"That backflip was a bit surprising though," Sable says. 

"Anyways, how are you, boys? Anna, how are you and the kids, my girl?" 

Before Anna got the chance to answer the question that was thrown her way, Hoagie intervenes. 

"Katie, it's great to see you, but this is very urgent. Jerry is quitting." 

"What?! He would never do that, Hoagie," she replies, knowing her best friend.

"He is quitting and he's getting married." 

With these words, the smile on Katlyn Castleview's face slowly faded away. She had been friends with the same five boys since they were 6 and they were playing tag in kindergarten. Jerry and Katlyn were the champions of the game. But Jerry and Katlyn were also high school sweethearts. When they were both 9 years old, Jerry asked Katlyn on a date and they had been with each other for the following 9 years, all through school. That was until they went their separate ways, breaking the relationship. Katlyn moved away for college and Jerry stayed in their hometown. They stayed in touch for a while but Jerry slowly drifted away, until they nearly talked at all. The last time that Katlyn saw Jerry was when she came home for her parent's funeral (they died in a car accident) and that was over 7 years ago. However, no matter the fact that lived far away from each other and never talked, Katlyn never moved on from him. He truly had taken her heart. 

"We never got invited either, Katie," Sable said, hanging his head, knowing what his friend was feeling.

"What do you need from me?" Katlyn asked, tears glazing her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. 

"We've tried getting Jerry four times without you. It didn't work out." Hagie explains. "We really need your help."

"Alright, I will help but I have some conditions. One, I will not be it and I mean it. Two, I'll help you catch him, but not tag him. That will be on someone else. Third, I want to play with all of this and talk to him before I decide to hand him over. Deal?" 

Everyone looks at each other and nods. As much as they also want to tag Katlyn they knew getting Jerry is the primary focus and even if that means they couldn't tag Katlyn then so be it. 

"Wonderful. Let me get my things and we can be on our way." 

When everyone goes to the car, Bob had to grab Katlyn to prevent her from attacking Rachel. he then explains who Rachel is and she slowly calms down. When he lets her go, she gives him a good punch in his arm, causing him to wince in pain. They all pile into the car and Anna drives to Katie's house so she could pack some stuff up before they headed back to their hometown. When Kate gets into her house, she decides to take a shower. She does, memories of the good old times flash in her mind. Times when she and Jerry were young and in love. There, she lets the small tears slowly fall down her face. She then quickly wipes them away after clearly seeing that he moved on that she shouldn't be crying over her past and being so stupid thinking they might ever get back together. It has been quite a number of years. 

She dries herself and pulls on a grey top with thin straps and cropped a pair of black ripped jeans, and a black leather jacket. She quickly pulls her hair into a ponytail and starts to pack some of her things. She throws in different types of clothes, a few better-looking outfits since they were going to the wedding apparently as well as her jewelry box and some makeup. When she goes back to the car, Rebeca wants to interview Katie for the story.

"So, how did you meet all of the boys?"