AFTERWORD

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

The intermission has come to an end. The stage has been set. All future one-shots in the "Safe Haven Saga" will no flow directly into the next series: "P O W E R : S T R U G G L E". Make sure you've got your lightweight military-grade Xirxine-issued armour on, because things are about to get a little dicey.

You may have noticed some new terminology in this story, including "Protector Force", "Big Rus", and "Wonderkind". All of these will be expanded upon in the "P O W E R" series, which begins on December 19, 2021.

Thanks as always to Vivienne "vivziepop" Medrano, dollcreep, and Jessi Ochse for creating and/or inspiring the characters in this story. Special thanks to fellow Canadian Shawn Mendes for that awesome song. Apologies for using it in such a cheesy setting, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

If you've done a little digging into "ZooPhobia" history, the name of the first "P O W E R" story might sound a little familiar—and for good reason. We'll be adding another piece to Safe Haven's puzzle with the introduction of some recognizable characters from scrapped "ZooPhobia" lore.

The Dark Celestial Fisi is trying to put a stranglehold on Safe Haven. But being low on power, he needs a bit of assistance.

Up next, "P O W E R : B L A C K C A T S"!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

("J I L L I A N : H A L F B L O O D" was written from July 21, 2021 to July 29, 2021. "GOOD LUCK, JACK!" was written on December 16, 2021.)