Chapter 11. Welcome To The Family

Monday, Laila decided to sleep in. For once it felt good to stay in her bed and not get up early and get ready just to take the elevator to Braxton's penthouse and wake HIM up. She wondered how he was doing. Today would be the first day since she met him that he wouldn't wake up to her standing over his bed holding her iPad.

It was 10:00am when she finally decided to drag herself out of bed. Even though she'd already taken a shower last night, she decided to take another one to wake her up. She couldn't help but think that Braxton may just break his promise and watch her while she was naked.

"Diana," she called out hesitantly.

Diana appeared in the shower with her in full body graphic purple. She was also naked. Laila nearly had a heart attack and screamed. Moving back against the wall she covered her breasts with her arms and pelvic with her hand.

"What are you doing, you crazy computer?!"

"I thought it was appropriate to appear to you this way since you called me into the shower," Diana said.

Laila took a minute to look her up and down. "They designed you after the twins mother...Kia."

Diana nodded and smiled.

"Well now I know what their mother look like...naked!" Laila said dryly. "Put on some clothes, please!"

The computer changed into a conservative top and a pen skirt with heels. "Is this better?"

"That looks like one of my outfits," Laila said suspiciously.

"Is there something you'd like for me to do for you, Mrs. Lane?" Diana asked.

"Yes, I'd like to know if Braxton is spying on me right now," Laila asked.

"No, he is not. He is already at work. He set up a block in my program where he couldn't spy on you in the shower, but he did put up an alert for me to let him know if you fell while taking your shower or a bath."

"Oh," Laila said. "Well, that makes me feel much better."

"Is there anything else you need, Mrs. Lane?"

"No, that's all for now," Laila told her.

She watched Diana disappear. She quickly finished her shower, styled and conditioned her hair, threw on a floral blue and pink summer dress and flats and decided to take a stroll outside.

"Where are you going?" Braxton's voice boomed in the room as soon as she opened her front door.

"Really?" Laila asked already annoyed with him. "Are you God now?"

"I told you to tell me your plans before you left your apartment," Braxton said.

"I don't have any plans. I'm living vivaciously and carefree for the next two weeks."

"That is not good," Braxton said, his voice serious.

Laila could only shake her head. She stepped in the hallway and nearly screamed when she saw two young men suddenly stand in front of her. They looked like twins, although each of them had their own style. One thing they had in common regardless of their own style was that they absolutely reeked of power and not the type of power the twins had that caused people to scurry out of their way and bow their heads in submission when they walked past them, no these guys reeked of a different power...was violence the right word to use for them?

They were terrifying and beautiful. They stood towering over her as tall as Braxton and stared down at her with sharp dark eyes. Eyes that looked like they'd just committed a murder or two... got away with it... and then committed three more...