{Charlie}

On the way home from school, I walk with Camila and Kaya. They ask lots of questions. But I don't mind, especially when Kaya asks me.

She's very pretty, with her long brown hair and green eyes. I notice that she keeps looking at me as well. But she takes a turn onto a different street and Camila and I keep walking toward her house.

I'm much taller than Camila so I have to look down at her when she speaks.

"So, how did you get to school today?" She asks.

"I was dropped off by a man who rode on the plane over here with me."

"Well," she says scratching her ear. "You probably shouldn't do that again."

"And why is that?"

"Because, you're in America now. Americans aren't trustworthy." she pauses. "Like at all."

I chuckle. "Okay I won't do it again."

"So," she says, changing the subject. "How do you like Kaya?"

"I think she's very nice, pretty too."

"Would you want to date her?"

"Excuse me," I say surprising myself. "But I am not a Twenty Questions game."

She looks straight ahead and crosses her arms. "You like her."

I nearly drop my stuff when I realize that she's right. I wait a minute before saying, "Do you think she likes me too?"

"Of course she does. I think a lot of girls will like you."

"No, I mean like like me."

"Oh, I know." She looks back at me. "Seriously though. I mean your cute, tall, British, and"-she taps my binder-"smart."

I smirk. "Those things didn't really matter in England," I explain. "Well only the smart thing."

"Did you, or do you, have a girlfriend back home?"

"Nah," I tell her, scrunching my nose. "I wasn't smart enough for anyone."

Her eyes widen. "You weren't smart enough."

"Just because I like to read, doesn't mean I'm smart!"

"Well, yeah. But we had a pop quiz in math," she exclaims. "Mr. Keer said you didn't have to do it but you aced it!"

"I know, Camila, I was there." I chuckle again. It's gonna be fun living with his girl.

_________________________

{Kaya}

"So," I say to Dylan. "What're we gonna do now?" I lean my head against the bed.

"I don't know. I wonder what Cam would say if we-if we-" He gives up. "I honestly don't know why Kaya."

"I get that, Dyl. How long ago was it?"

"About 3 weeks ago."

I take a deep breath. "Well, I'm gonna go. Ill talk to Cam and I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. I'm so sorry, I love you."

I don't dare say it back. I know that technically, I've done the same thing by liking another guy but he can't-

I just admitted that I like Charlie. Oh, my gosh.

"Bye Wayne." I shout.

"See ya."

"Don't be so happy all the time!" I shout and shut the door.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••