Girls Like Boys.

*Note*~ Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this. Please comment! I want your feedback!! Also, if you like this then check out one I'm writing with my friend, Loved. Lost. Found. Her username is Aqua36. Thanks! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One, Turned Down?! :

   I love my bestie, but sometimes she can be such a pain in the freaking butt. Hey. My name's Nevada Jill Martin. The pain in the butt is Layla. You're probably wondering why. Well there is an endless list.. but my newest item is that she keeps bugging me about saying yes.

   Saying yes to an invitation to homecoming from Kyle Mcklain. You, are probably thinking, oh it's just a guy. But he's not. He's the guy. The most popular guy in school. Not just that but the sweetest, HOTTEST, most athletic guy this small town has ever seen. When he asked me to homecoming it disappointed every girl in the school.

Until they heard me say, well scream more or less,"NO WAY!" in Kyle's ear. Layla's eyes went wide as saucers. All Kyle managed to mumble out was, "Oh, okay." Then he ran away, embarrassed. I felt bad, but it's his fault for thinking that he can just get any girl he wants.

Besides that, he's been my guy BFF ever since third grade when Layla tripped a fourth grader and we all laughed so hard milk spewed out of all our noses. That leads me here. With Layla contradicting me on one side, and other girls whispering not-so-quietly about me.

I turn to the girls and give them the death stare and yell "Get over your preppy little selves!" They scatter. "Gahh, Nev. Why yah gotta be so freaking mean?" I hear Layla say. "Sorry Lay. But why does everyone, including YOU, have to get so worked up about this stuff?" I say. "Maybe because you just turned down our best friend, and the haawwtest guy at Washington High. Not quietly either."

I sigh. "Who gives a crap?!" I say, annoyed. Layla makes a stupid point, that I totally disagree with, "Well you're like the prettiest girl in school. It's tradition for the prettiest girl to go with the hottest guy." "That's so sexist, Lay! Besides why does the boy always have to ask the girl? Why can't the girl ask the guy?" I say. "Let's save that shhhtuff for the Saidie Hawkins dance. K? K." Layla says with her snobby little attitude.

"Get over it. Btw, I find it really strange that you're calling Kyle hot. I mean he is, but I don't say it." I say. Before Layla can reply, Shelly Possip.Otherwise known as Gossip Possip walks up to us.

Shelly is our our friend, but she's a year older. She's seventeen, we're sixteen. You've also gotta be careful what you say around her. There's a reason she's known for gossip. "Is it true you turned down Kyle McKlain?!" She practically yells, smacking her stupid gum the whole time. "Yepp. It's true." I say. She replies with a face that looks like I have a deadly disease that she could catch, "Whoa girl.. I'm a year older than the guy, and I still wouldn't turn him down!" She rolls her eyes then walks off.

People are blowing this WAY out of porportion! Lay and I start walking down the hallway and everyone gives me the same look Shelly gave me. I feel like an alien...