Chapter Three, Getting Over It

Hey guys! I really haven't got that many reads, so I'm kind of disappointed. But it's okay. But if you like my story then tell your friends! Thaaanks!

Remember:

READ, LOVED. LOST. FOUND.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I don't know how long I slept, but when I woke up I heard someone saying, "Well, if I could just wake her up, we'll be on our way. I get off the couch and walk into the forier.

    Oh there you are Nevada, darling!" Says Sally. Sally is my RICH older sister. She married the owner of a big shot company. She's only been married for about two months, but she acts like a TOTAL heiress. She says things like, "Darling", or "Hon". Sometimes it gets really annoying, but I'm used to it.

   "Hey Sally." I say. "Uh, yah. Mummy called me and asked me to go find you. Well... Found you!" My sister says. Wow... sometimes she is so freaking annoying.

   "Yep. Well.. bye Lay. I'll call you as soon as I get home." I say. We hug and I walk out the door. Sally and I don't say anything to each other on the way home. When I finally get home I walk strait up to my room and go back to sleep.

****************************************************************************************************************

   The next thing I knew my alarm clock was going off. 5:45. Ick. I get up and take a cold shower to wake myself up. When I get out of the shower I dried my dark hair, then called Layla. We talk on the phone when we're getting ready. Her phone goes to voice mail. That's weird. She always answers my calls. So instead I call Kyle. I feel guilty about yesterday.

   Ring, ring, ring, and answer.

   "Hey Nev..." he says. "I'm SO SO SO sorry about yesterday!!" I rant. "It's okay. We're friends. I actually asked out someone else.." He says. I can hear the happiness in his voice.

   "Well... Samantha Gardinez..." he says quietly. "Awwwh!" I say. I'm picturing them in my mind and they look SO cute!! "Yah well, I heard what Shelly said about you.." He says. Crap. He probably believes it, too!

   "But I didn't believe it." he says, surprising me. "Oh thank God! Because I'm not!!" I say, relieved. "Good." He says.

   "Well, I've got to get ready." I say. "Okay, me too. Seeyahh at school!" He says, replying. We hang up. Hmm.. today I don't feel like dressing up. So, I put on my Washington High Spartan sweats and t-shirt, and put my hair into a high pony with some brown strands hanging down.

   I grap a jacket, and my backpack, and head out the door. I walk out the front door, then walk to the bus stop.

   On the way to the bus stop I start thinking about how I can get in front of everyone and convince them that I'm not prego. Then it hit me..

   We have an assembly today! If I can just convince Mr. Goreman, the assistant principle, the one who's in charge of Friday Assembly, to let me get in front of everyone and convince them I'm not pregnant.

   When I get to the bus stop, the bus is already there and I hop on. When I get on people start shouting things at me like, "Dirty slut!," or "Hoe!". I just ignore them, because I know that today I will prove them wrong.

   How did Shelly even get the idea to tell people that I had a "secret boyfriend"?? She's just jealous. She's always been. There's no modest way to put this, but, when Layla said I was the prettiest girl in school, she was right.

   But, at my school, no one's afraid to admit that I am, they all agree. So, that's why I said that. But Layla is the second prettiest, by far.

   Shelly is... Okay. She's always been jealous of me. I'm the prettiest, head cheerleader, captain of the soccer team, and last year, when I was dating Chad Goldstein, he and I got voted cutest couple.

   My thoughts were interrupted when the bus stopped. I was sitting in the front seat, so I hopped up. I was about to climb off the bus when someone smacked my butt. I turned around and saw a senior named Trey Hurfly. He winked at me.

   Right them and there, I lost it. I jumped on him and kneed him in the groin, and punched him in the face. I don't know who pulled me off, but when I finally came back to reality I was sitting in the office, waiting to be called in to Mr. Goreman's office.

   "Nevada, you can go in now!" Some lady sitting at the front desk said. I walked in, and sat down. "WHAT, were you thinking, Miss. Martin?" he said, coldly.

   "Well, everyone thinks I'm a whore and that I'm easy, and he smacked my butt, and I just lost it!" I said, way fast. "I know," he said, "I heard." I just put my head down, and said, "But it's NOT true! And I know how I can prove to them that I'm not! Shelly Possip just made crap up!"

   "I want to help you. How do you think you can prove to them that you're not pregant?" he said. "The assembly. If you let me get up there and talk to them, I'm 99% sure I can prove to them that I'm not." I say. It takes him a while to think. Finally I hear him mumble, "Okay." I sigh a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

   The first half of the day goes by in a blur, then in the middle of the day, when the assembly is, we file into the auditorium. Layla isn't here today, so I'm all alone.

   Mr. Goreman saves my speech to until the end of the assembly. Finally, he says, "There is a classmate of your's who would like to say a few words about the rumors that have been going around about her."

   I walk up on stage.. and get ready to talk.