The Dark Woods

One day I woke up in the woods, not knowing how I got there. As I opened my eyes, it was like the air turned black all around me. I knew I was in the woods from what little I could see. I saw a bunch of trees. There were no sounds of wildlife, no birds chirping and singing, no deers stepping on leaves, or rabbits hopping around. There was a little path covered in vines, prickers and old warping pieces of branches. There was no sign of light as a breeze blew by as a mysterious mist came down. I had no flashlight on me. I was in darkness. My eyes can focus but barely there. All of a sudden a shill cry echoed through the woods. I didn't know what direction it could have come from. Was it in front of me? Was it behind me? I don't know.I started to panic. My jaw and my heart dropped simultaneously. Not knowing what to do, I was frozen in place. The cries got louder and louder and louder like it was coming towards me. Then all of a sudden I saw a woman with long black hair, with eyes as black as night and a cut smile from ear to ear, letting out a loud cry. I was so terrified that I almost peed myself. I turned around as fast as lightning and ran. I ran and ran until all of a sudden the ground met with my face. It hurt so badly that I myself started crying. I then realized I had tripped over a log. I wished I had noticed it sooner than I could have jumped over it, but I didn't. As I tried to get up, I couldn't. It was already too late.