Here With Me

I had said goodbye to my friends and family.  It was hard but they all promised to visit often and I was sure that I'd be back home soon.  There were tears, lots of tears.  That's probably the hardest thig I've ever done.

        George and Beth left yesterday and in about 2 hours, I will board my flight to Ontario.  The flight was about 5 hours so I should be in Toronto at 8 o'clock and then in Siena Bay by 11.  God it was going to be a long day.

        I'd asked Beth and George not to tell there kids about my parents.  When they had left, they'd told them that they were taking a "spontaneous vacation."  I didn't want things to be "weird" so I figured it would be best if they didn't know.  Beth and I decided that we would say that my parents worked overseas and that it wasn't a good idea for my to live with them.  Of course, this story wouldn't hold up for too long, maybe a year or two max.  I'd have to tell them at some point but when that day comes, I'll be ready.

        When I arrived in Toronto, I saw Beth waiting for me.  She gave me a warm hug which, oddly enough, didn't make me feel awkward. 

        "How was your flight?" She asked as we made our way through the airport with my copious amounts of luggage.  I was a heavy packer.

        "Pretty good," I said, "the guy behind me wouldn't stop kicking my seat though."

        "Are you hungry? We can get a bite to eat before heading back."

       I thought about how hungry I was but I honestly just couldn't wait to get into the car and sleep.  I was so tired.  "I'm good actually, thanks though.

        We drove home in comfortable silence.  My luggage barley fit into the car which, isn't surprising seeing as I had to pack my entire life into only 4 bags.. About a half an hour in I drifted off to sleep.

        I was awoken with a start when the car jolted to an abrupt stop.  I looked around and saw a large white house with many porch lights.  It had a beautiful deck which wrapped around the front of the entire house.  There house was pretty large considering the size of the family.  I think they had money.  

        "We're here!" Beth said happily after realizing I was awake. 

        The front door of the house swung open and out stepped George.  He greeted me with a smile and proceeded to carry my luggage inside. I wasn't sure what to do.  Do I go inside?  It's not really my house so maybe I should wait to be invited in.  I guess that is the polite thing to do.  

        I opened my car door and stepped out.  I was not dressed properly.  I have no idea how I didn't notice the abundance of snow before now but holy crap, it was everywhere.  It was maybe a foot deep.     I'm currently in a crop top and a pair of high-waist jeans, I don't even have a winter jacket let alone gloves or a hat. I began to shiver.  

       Beth glanced over at me, "Evelyn, why don't you head on inside, the kid's are dying to meet you!"

        I gulped.  This was going to be awkward.  I'm definitely what you would consider an extrovert and meeting people had never been an issue for me but I was worried about making a good impression.  After all, I'd be living with these people for a while.

        I made my way up the front steps and pushed the door open.  

        I saw a light haired girl standing just in front of a young boy and an older boy.  She stepped out and smiled, "hi, you must be Evelyn, I'm Eden!"  She said excitedly.